Kent Brockman
Years ago

Mavs vs Warriors (spoiler)

will this be the biggest first round knock out in recent NBA history?

what other teams that had the best record in the league have been knowcked out first round?

Topic #11300 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Mark Cuban must be soiling his undergarments. His NBA-dominating Mavericks are looking directly at a first round defeat after digging themselves a 1-3 hole against the Warriors.

103-99 to the Warriors. 33/8/4 from Baron, 22 to JRich. 20+ to Howard, Dirk and Stackhouse, but it wasn't enough despite the Mavs handily winning the boards.

ESPN are bound to bust out some sort of stat like "Where underdogs are up 3-1 in the first round, the favorite has come back to win in just 14.7% of cases."

Reply #131667 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Just as big as the Nuggets v Sonics series back in 94 but that was when Round 1 was only 5 games

GSW have gone 6 and 1 v the Mavs this year - they have their number.

All that said, still think the Mavs will win - gonna put some hard earned down tomorrow for a comeback

Lucky the voting is in for MVP or Dirk would not be winning it

Reply #131675 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

I still think Mavs. I have no logical reason why. But at the moment I would not be disapointed if I had to watch Baron Davis in the second round. I hope it goes seven.

Reply #131680 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

Bulls knocking out the defending Champs is a big result as well, be interesting to see how far they can go.

Reply #131682 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

I still have nightmares about that Nuggets/Sonics series - and Mutombo on the floor clutching the ball...

Go you Warriors.. Ive said Dallas and Dirk were overrated all year.

Reply #131712 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Mutumbo squeezed that ball like an orange.

Reply #131714 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

GO the warriors. B-Diddy ur a pimp, monta ellis most improved - spot on the money, jrich doesnt have to be the star so hes performing aswell. Chuck in al harrington fark...theres a good lineup if u ask me! Stuff the mavs, love to see them exit so the suns can win the whole thing

Reply #131747 | Report this post

The Worm  
Years ago

I really do rate the Warriors especially Baron Davis. Id watch him all the way to the NBA Finals! IMO Mavs handed the Warriors series momentum before it even started! Resting Nowitzki, Howard, Dampier & Stackhouse and J.Terry playing 15mins in the last reqular season games against the Warriors! Warriors win by 20! Why the hell would you consider doing that against a potential playoff matchup is beyond me. Basically helped a team make the playoffs for the first time in 12 years, who have a playoff experienced coach, a guy called Baron Davis and the season series over Dallas - dangerous combination! Smacks of arrogance and it hopefully will bite the Mavs fair and square on the ass! First Round exit for the defending chokers!

Reply #131764 | Report this post

asdf  
Years ago

dallas are obviously over rated

Reply #132069 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:19 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754