Isaac
Years ago

NBA All Defensive Team Named

Finally, Marcus Camby's trophy case is getting crowded.

The Denver Nuggets' 33-year-old center, who won his first NBA Defensive Player of the Year award last week, was named to the NBA All-Defensive first team on Monday for the first time in his 11-year career.
Full team:

Tim Duncan Spurs
Bruce Bowen Spurs
Marcus Camby Nuggets
Kobe Bryant Lakers
Raja Bell Suns

The second team boasts Ben Wallace, Jason Kidd, Kirk Hinrich, Tayshaun Prince and Kevin Garnett.

Topic #11310 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

Are any of them available for our second import spot Isaac!!!!!!

Reply #131789 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Shawn Marion?!!??

7.7 Defensive Rebounds Per Game
2.0 Steals Per Game
1.5 Blocks Per Game

Reply #131802 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DJ - nice pick up - I read somewhere that said that, going by stats, Marion should've been DPOTY. Yet doesn't make the top ten?

Reply #131808 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

yeh i thought Marion was a bit stiff no to get in either of the teams, but i guess he was against Bowen, Duncan, Prince and Garnett.

IMO he is a better allround player than Bowen and Prince, does anybody think he is a better DEFENSIVE player?

Im on the fence, not sure.

Reply #131809 | Report this post

Good to see Bell in there. I guess having two phoenix players in the defensive team would have sent people into a rage. Marion finished 4th in the DPOY voting i think, so it's strange for him to not get at least in the second team. but thats ok.

Reply #131825 | Report this post

p.s Kobe Bryant? he hasn't played defense since he had shaq.

and thats about the 50th time bowen has finished first in voting. How about giving this guy DPOY?

Reply #131827 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Exactly elg - 4th in DPOTY voting but cant make it in the top 10 of DPOY?

Sure they dont want 2 players from one team in there - Tim Duncan, Bruce Bowen.

I'd have put Marion in at the very least over Tayshaun.

Reply #131831 | Report this post

I meant 2 players from phoenix. the team that can't play defense.

Reply #131907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Battier is way ahead of garnett and hinrich defensively. Its good that the team isnt dominated by stat getters like marion

Reply #131956 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

ELG, that's a pretty stupid comment to make. Look at who WON. Denver aren't exactly a defensive powerhouse, are they?

If one of their players can win it, then there shouldn't be any problem with Phoenix having two guys in the top 10.

Marion deserves it. The fact that he's never even made the second team before is a joke. Like Isaac said, going by stats he should've won, yet Kobe makes it over him?

Reply #131964 | Report this post

comment was tongue in cheek, i am a phoenix fan. Bryant, Kidd, Wallace and KG are all in there due to rep. Marion is a better defender than all of these players (apart from Kobe when he decides to play D)

Reply #132145 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:49 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754