Isaac
Years ago

SVD and Hoops SA get Messenger mention

Was reading this week's Messenger over breakfast this morning and spotted a mention of Hoops SA and regular contributor SVD's topic about R&B star Chris Brown playing a social game at MARS.

Here's the original topic.

Nod for the mention I assume goes to Messenger writer and forum reader Dale Clarke.

(One of the last mentions of this forum in print was Nicole Cornes (recently announced as standing for Labor in Boothby) trashing us forum nerds for making comments about husband Graham's face. I ain't voting for her until she takes that back!)

Topic #11313 | Report this topic

Nutwork  
Years ago

Isaac I don't think you will be the only one not voting for her.

Who was the genius that got her to announce her candidacy before she was a fully fledged party member, and also before she had any idea about any of her parties policies.

Reply #131812 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Agreed - not a smart move. Like unveiling a baby turtle at Seagull Open Day 2007 before you've flipped it over onto its front.

Reply #131816 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Isaac, give yourself a lil' ball!

Reply #131818 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Woo Freakin Hoo - thought I was in trouble for a minute there

That is classic!

Reply #131819 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

comedy GOLD isaac, love it!

Reply #131841 | Report this post

measles  
Years ago

She married Graham-no other comment is needed!

Reply #131844 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Yes she had a go at me for my bulldog on crack comment

Reply #131864 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Do we have a link for the original Cornes trashing thread?

Reply #131875 | Report this post

basket 37  
Years ago

Reply #131880 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I just read philnados comments - that is seriously the funniest thing I have read on this forum ... and he didn't get a little ball. I genuinely luaghed out loud.

Cornsey comes on to plead his case and is swiftly insulted ... with just amazingly obscure insult ... pure brilliance. Poor bloke.

I like how Isaac was very quick to dowse the blaze but it did very little.

Awesome that Nicole "People are running in droves back to vote for the Liberal in Boothby" Cornes had to make commment about it in her little article in the Sunday Mail.

I would list that on my resume Isaac!

Reply #131881 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Nicole Cornes in Boothby?

You don't have to worry Isaac, it is one of the safest Liberal seats.

Reply #131911 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

123abc - I wouldnt be so sure.
Labor had a 2% swing at the last election in that seat cutting the Liberal Advantage from 7% to 5%.

With opinion polls the way the are currently, Liberal losing that seat is certainly not out of the question.

However, why on earth Labor would put Nicole "don't ask me any tough questions or i might cry....." Cornes as their nominee is beyond me.

Reply #131923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another 123abc idiot-unfounded comments. Boothby is the 20th most marginal liberal held seat in Australia. SOURCE: The Advertiser!

Reply #131925 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I live in Torrens Park, that's in the Boothby seat. It is not a stupid comment, Liberal have pretty much one the seat before anyone has voted that's how safe it is. Skip you are right though there has been a small swing and we will see that in most seats as people will want a fresh face such as Rudd and Gillard.

Reply #132050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still a few years away fom getting to vote though I guess 123abc.

Reply #132065 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

123abc does politics too!

Reply #132130 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:55 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754