Isaac
Years ago

Blaze snap up Hawkins

No longer just a rumour, the GC Blaze have signed Juaquin Hawkins.

The former Houston Rocket and Milwaukee Buck played 58 games in his inaugural NBA season in 2002-03.

He is best known for scoring 14 points against Michael Jordan's Washington Wizards during his second-ever NBA start, playing for Houston.
Full story

Seems to have been good enough to get 10 NBA starts to his name which isn't too shabby. Will be interesting to see how he goes. Coach Brendan Joyce has said that he's been wanting to sign Hawkins for a few years now.

Topic #11317 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Is it the same Juaquin 'Hawk' Hawkins that has been a Harlem Globetrotter?

Reply #131851 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Shouldn't it be Crocs "Snap" up [insert name here]

with the Blaze it could be "Blaze are set to light up with Hawkins"

Just a thought

Reply #131857 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skip, same guy. SVD, if you were the NBL and responsible for some of the world's corniest headlines, sure. ;)

Reply #131871 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Hey I'm getting published now mate maybe I should contact the NBL :)

Reply #131878 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Pity they didn't sign Damon Stoudemire, then it could be "the Blaze are set to light up the joint with Stoudemire"

Reply #131889 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

What a cr@p article that was written.No mention of how tall he is or what postion he plays?? THE basic two things a basketball fan wants to know........

Reply #131897 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I believe he is a 6' 7" Forward

Reply #131901 | Report this post

dry back  
Years ago

they are putting together a decent team

PG - Import 10/Joyce 2
SF - Harvey 8/Blaszczynski 3
SF - Hawkins 10/ Mcgregor 6
PF - Pero 10/ Frank 8
C - Melmeth 9/Rice 2
= 68

Hawkins,Mcgregor,Frank,Melmeth are signed,Joyce,Harvey,Pero and an import PG are rumoured and then they have five points left, so they could look at andrew rice at the centre and Stefan Blaszczynski at the shooting guard. rice could go back to joyce where he seemed to play pretty well for when he was at wollongong and Blaszczynski is a very decent college prospect out of Nicholls State University averageing 19.2 pts 7rbs 3.2as in his final year, and at 6'5 has nice height for a shooting guard.

that team could push to make the finals

Reply #131989 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

what happend to local guys?

Reply #131995 | Report this post

dry back  
Years ago

development spots

Reply #131996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They wont make finals.

Reply #132007 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

2007 - happy to set you for as much as you like that they will.

Reply #132031 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Fiji, save some of that for me too.

They just have to beat Hawks (easy), Pigs (easy), Slingers (easy), and then two of Crocs, Breakers and 36ers - could well do it.

Reply #132039 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

I hope he is better than the kings Beasley, all the Hype on him prooved to be null and void.

Reply #132079 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:40 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754