Isaac
Years ago

An NBA in China?

From ESPN:

NBA commissioner David Stern sees more of a need for new pro basketball teams in China than in North America.

"We will see in the next couple of years, coming out of the Beijing Olympics, the possibility of some joint venture between the NBA and someone in China about an NBA-sponsored and -branded league in China."

Stern added that "an NBA of China" is closer to happening than what he called a 20-year plan for having five franchises in Europe, and that, "domestically, we have enough teams."
Interesting.

Topic #11320 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think i caught this interview. It was on BBC, should be on their site. It was a long interview, the interviewer was rather harsh with him saying how he is always the centre of attention (thats true i guess) and being rather aggresive at times. Was interesting though, talked about the dress code and perceived racial tensions from a largly black sport with middle class white fans.

Reply #131908 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Something I thought was excellently handled was how the NBA responded to the criticism of the dress code by putting up photos of the best dressed athletes as they arrived for the games, polls, etc -- made lemonade out of lemons.

Reply #132034 | Report this post

asdf  
Years ago

NO china and yao ming can stay in asia

Reply #132067 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:39 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754