SVD
Years ago

SA Church League

Just got the program for this year's SA Church League (which my club plays in) - A Grade looking very strong this year.

SA Church has merged with Church of Christ league to make a very strong looking comp. SABCA have gone back to A grade, B grade etc not making A/B leagues which can produce some one sided games.

Teams in A Grade -
Beaumont A (last years winners) Prince Alfred A (Last year Runners Up)
Hope Valley A (always extremely strong)
Prince Alfred B (Who finished 4th last year - should have improved too)
Somerton (Who have been gone 2 years but no doubt will be near
the top of the league)
Northgate Life Centre (who I know nothing about - must be form C of C league).

Bit of a shock Saint Peters A are not in A Grade as they are always very strong.

Should be a really interesting year. Very close - anyone could beat anyone.

Topic #11322 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you tell me why it says A B or C after eACh teams name in the program?

Also what are grades sm s5 and s6?

Thanls

Reply #131899 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

A B and C after each teams mean that they are their 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams - say for example - Hope Valley has 5 teams they would read Hope Valley A thru E

S5 and S6 is Southern League Division 5 & 6 (they mainly play at Pasadena) - as there is NE1 and NE2 (they mainly play at Hillcrest) - that is North East Div 1 - generally (not always) the better teams go into A thru E Grade and then depending on location there are other leagues run - this year there is Southern, North East and Norht West - there used to be Eastern but most of those teams got swallowed up into A thru E grade

If a W appears infront of the league that is a Women's league

Reply #131904 | Report this post

shuttlesworth  
Years ago

Where can you see a copy of the program ? is it on the net ?

Reply #131916 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Here is there webiste - copy maybe available in a couple of days on there - I have an excel copy of games at Mars and Hillcrest if you want to give me your email address

http://www.sachurch.basketball.net.au/fs_home.asp

Reply #131922 | Report this post

SACBA website  
Years ago

Northgate are from Kadina.

Reply #132047 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

I play for Beaumont in A grade, last years champions. Who do you play for SVD?

We may not be quite as strong as we were last year as we're missing our best low post player. I'm working on getting another big man as we speak.

Reply #132076 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Rat10 - PAOC - we hope to be pretty good this year

Reply #132113 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Are you in A grade? Did you go to PAC? There's a couple of ex PAC boys playing for Beaumont and I'm one of them. There used to be more a couple of years ago.

It's funny how Saints don't have a team in A Grade. I wonder if their big guy is playing anywhere. I know he plays reserves for SA Church so maybe Hope Valley picked him up given their links with SA Church.

Looking forward to the grand final rematch this Saturday.

Reply #132148 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I think about 85% of our club went to PAC but you don't have to have gone there

I was in the B Grade team last year that lost to you boys in the semis but am now playing C's this year due to the fact that I am old, slow, fat, have bad ankles and can't really play anymore.

I think Saints may have lost 1 or 2 players - I know there captain has retired.

There B Grade team is in C Grade with our C grade team.

What are you B's like - we are playing them this weekend.

Reply #132151 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Ok, I was in the same year at school as Mark Henderson who played in your B team. Also in Ryan Williams year who plays A's.

Can't help you out too much with our B team. I don't know who the guys are but I wouldn't think they're anything special.

Reply #132165 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

You wear #23

Reply #132179 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Very good. Not my number of choice, (That would be no 10) but it was a free uniform so I took it. Can't tell you what no. you are. I'm better with faces and what position someone plays.

Reply #132211 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

#22 - I was guarding you at some point in the semi last year and you hit 3 3's in a row on me

Reply #132214 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Oh, must have got lucky that day! I'm just a role player on that team as I should be! Plus there's not that many shots going around with Scotty (our best player), Dave (the redhead)and Quentin (big guy) playing.

Anyway, have a good season buddy and come up and say g'day if you see me at Mars. I'll do likewise if I see you.

Reply #132232 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

I also play in church at mars on sat

Reply #132586 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Who do you play for Philnaldo

Reply #132614 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Modbury

Reply #132655 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Quality squad - you guys always gave us tough games - you guys are quick as, need another big guy and you would challenge anyone

Reply #132664 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Thanking you , and as for the quality big guy, as we all know they are as rare as hens teeth to find but we may have secured one for this season, can't wait for the season to start tommorow. Good luck to all on here that play in the comp, feel free to say g'day .

Reply #132676 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Are you in B or C Grade this year?

I am in C with our C's

Reply #132681 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

We decided to play B's.

Reply #132682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I PLAY FOR UUMC WE WON THE SUMMER CHAMPION SHIP AND WE GOT THE SAMI TEAM THIS SEASON RETURNING

Reply #173874 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Who are UUMC?

Reply #173882 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:16 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754