me
Years ago

Could Lauren?

I hope the question has not been asked before,

1) Could Lauren make it in the NBL?

2) Is it legal for a female to play in the NBL

3) If so, is there an import in the WNBA that would make it in the NBL?

Topic #11337 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

I have had this coversation so many time with my mates re the fact that I think a good mens social team - could beat the Lightining. They say no - coz they are to fit, too well drilled and shoot to well.

IMO there is no way LJ could make it in the NBL - as I say my opinion

Reply #132174 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

1. As a publicity stunt, maybe. Otherwise, no.
2. Possibly.
3. Doubt it.

Reply #132183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this was already discussed, women can legally play in the nbl - goorjian said he'd take Lauren if she chose to venture over.

no, i dont think she'd 'make it' so to speak, she has skills, but from a physical aspect she would get hammered.

Reply #132184 | Report this post

dry back  
Years ago

she is 195cm tall therefore would have to play the three(marking up against sammy mac and saville) and would get killed. she is not quick enough to play as a guard and not strong enough to play as a big even if she had the skills.

Reply #132187 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

She could have a bench role as a spot up shooter ... similar to a Mick Hill. Would have limited role inside the keyway

Reply #132193 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I thought on NBL.com.au that they stated L Jackson could play in the NBL...

Reply #132201 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

dry back, 195 cm would probably mean she'd have to play the 2. No way she could do that

Reply #132203 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

123, NBL.com.au also states that Liam Rush competed in the NBA dunk competition and that the 36ers are title contenders after signing Axel Dench.

LJ would be a token inclusion if at all.

Reply #132206 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Yes, we all know how pathetic the NBL site is, howeever i think this was a press release.

Reply #132208 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

NBL would welcome Jackson

The NBL has confirmed that the competition's rules would not stop Lauren Jackson, or any other female, from participating in the Philips Championship should a club wish to sign her.

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=4295

Reply #132209 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

They did that because lauren said she wanted to see what it was like to play in a mens comp.

Reply #132229 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

Erin Phillips anyone.

Reply #132239 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Strong enough to survive the bumps, but too short to contribute much I'd guess. More chance than anyone else in the WNBL I reckon.

Reply #132240 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Ok LJ might get dominated against Sammy Mac, but what if she was playing on the likes of Mark Nash? Who would win that match-up.

Also like someone has just said, I think for someone to make it it would have to be a tall point guard, as at other positions they will get out muscled. The player would have to be pretty damn quick thought to be productive.

Reply #132285 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:04 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754