Johnny Sack
Years ago

All NBA Post-Career (Bad Word)-Up Team...

Jax's antics got me thinking about other NBA headcases - and i remembered this character...

VERNON MAXWELL

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/05/30/Columns/_Mad_Max__threw_away_.shtml

Anyone who folowed NBA Ball in the mid-90s would without a doubt remember this guy as the 3-4 best player on those Rockets teams - and certainly the most charismatic... Yes he was a bit of a loose cannon - that lead to him getting the moniker "Mad Max"... But the way his life regressed after those championships is nothing short of shocking - put him along side of Rider in the All Post NBA Career ####-Up First Team... Jax might wanna read about this guy...

Got me thinking - what would this team be???

PG Eddie Johnson??? (THE OTHER ONE - played for Atl in the 80s - NOT the Seattle guy...)
SG Maxwell???
SF Rider???
PF Cliff Rozier???
C Roy Tarpley???

Any suggestions???

Topic #11342 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shawn Kemp

Reply #132246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh, and Jayson Williams

Reply #132247 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Len Bias - gets drafted with massive expectations, dies from a cocaine overdose within 48 hours. Parents sue his agent for not buying the $1m life insurance they promised; agents argue that no one would insure a habitual cocaine user.

Bison Dele - believed murdered at sea by his brother after disappearing in the South Pacific on his catamaran.

Reply #132249 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Bison Dele = Brian Williams (- for those who are wondering...)... I remember when his disapperance was first reported, i thought that he was some benchwarmer and then i see his photo - "#### me that's Brian Williams"... very sad dissapearance that we will never ever fully know the details about (since it can be reasonbly assumed that only four people were party to it - all of them confirmed dead/missing at sea) ...

Reply #132251 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Rider definately. He was up on Kidnapping charges.

Pencil in Steven Jackson onto this list for when he retires. I still can't get over that he fired a gun into the air while being run over outside a strip club. Classic.

Reply #132252 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Carl Herrera wont be standing up for Vernon's character. Bet he is still nursing the bruise from the free weight Maxwell threw at his head!

Reply #132256 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/dele/index.shtml

Just came across this - a pretty long dissertation into the whole Bison Dele disappearance and events leading to it. Interviews with people who sailed with the party and family friends... Makes the whole thing weirder and wierder...

Reply #132258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ron artest

Reply #132272 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

artest is still playing

Reply #132276 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Earl Manigault .. (bad word)ed his career before it started
hmm .. and keep and eye on Spre.

Reply #132277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no1 sed anything about they have to be playing

Reply #132279 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

#132279 - read the title of the thread. Post means after, and that's not how you spell said.

Reply #132280 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Tim Hardaway would have to make this list, wouldn't he?

I would consider saying that you hate gay people is a pretty big f**k up.

Reply #132281 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Latrell Sprewell?

Reply #132287 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

c'mon cans, you're killing me. I mentioned spre already ... "gotta feed my kids"

Reply #132298 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Oh come on.. Kemp only had a cocaine problem - he wasn't hurting anyone else.

Hmm.. except maybe for the 39 kids in the northwest without a dad around!

Reply #132300 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Spree is spelt Spree so may have missed it

Vin Baker - still getting 5 mil a year from the Celtics who he has palyed for in 3 years or some rubbish like that

Reply #132323 | Report this post

NBLFan  
Years ago

I vote for Cecil Exum. Eventhough he never made the NBA, he never got dunked on by Andrew Gaze either which is just as good as making the NBA !?!?!?!

Since then, he has used profanities and abuse in a public forum which 1000s of people view.

Reply #132339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha Shawn Kemp - remember he was supposed to try out with the Bulls earlier this year (when Luke Schenscher was trying out)
- but bailed on the tryout coz of a funeral or somethin.

Reply #132355 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

No - it was 2 for 1 day at Krispy Kreme...

Reply #132366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol, krispy kreme...

Wonder what Dennis Rodman is upto (asides from trying out wedding dresses) - he was desperately tryin to get back into the nba a while back.

Reply #132396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how is hardaway saying he hates gay people a f**k up? thats his own personal feelings, you cant call that a f**k up

Reply #132404 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

It's a ####-up cause he didn't have the prescence of mind to realize what would happen... He's just another in the pantheon of clueless sports stars... Eddie Johnson still out does him "allegedly" - in my opinion he's still the starter at the point... Michael (he of the tastless Jew banter) Ray Richardson might be taking the spot on reflection though...

Reply #132485 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Anon, you don't have to consider it one, but just look at all the press he got for it. Now, rather than being remembered for the great player he was, he'll always be 'the guy that hates gay people'.

Reply #132518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hardaway is a moron, for anyone that missed it it wasnt just a random "I hate gay people" comment, they were discussing gay people in sports and how other players would feel about it etc, hardaway started going on about how disgusted he would be having to share a locker room with a gay man.

Really stupid thing to do, regardless of ur opinion.

Reply #132597 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

What about Eddie Griffen, cannot think of any player caught driving and tossing at the same time..

Reply #132610 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

tossing???... horseshoes???

(seriously tho - Griffin is active (techncally) so he can't make the team...)...

Reply #132662 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Vern Maxwell Jailed.

http://linky.com.au/wbsi5

An update on one of our most honored alumni.

The post i made above (the Griffin one) is kind of creepy now.

Reply #231447 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:23 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754