Isaac
Years ago

Pero Cameron signs with Blaze

Another old and never-doubted rumour that has come to be confirmed is the signing of Pero Cameron by the Gold Coast Blaze.

National Basketball League franchise Gold Coast Blaze has announced the signing of New Zealand-born basketball big man Pero Cameron to its playing stable for the 2007/08 Philips Championship season.

The current captain of the New Zealand men's national team, the Tall Blacks, and representing Banvit in the Turkish Basketball League for the past two years, Cameron has also played professionally for teams in the United Kingdom, Australia and Iran.
Read more at NBL.com.au

A handy signing that doesn't use an import spot, but Pero has hardly been lighting up the NZ NBL playing for the Waikato Pistons. His last game against the Airs was 11/5/6 in 28 minutes, but the week before was 7/0/1 in 25 and before that 0/3/2 (0/5 FG) in only 16 minutes after starting. Maybe he's still warming up.

Topic #11351 | Report this topic

QNA  
Years ago

Will that mean to Pero's end up in the same team?

Reply #132313 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

The athlete that Pero is I am sure he will be fit come the start of the season ;)

Don't forget that Coach Brown said he should be playing NBA (that was before someone told Coach Brown he shouldn't be coaching NBA)

Reply #132314 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

i think this is a great signing, he destroyed australia at the commonwealth games.

The blaze are looking good, add harvey and another import. They will definately make the finals

Reply #132361 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

i think this is a great signing, he destroyed australia at the commonwealth games.

The blaze are looking good, add harvey and another import. They will definately make the finals

Reply #132362 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Doesnt suit the NBL, a much better international player.
Not a good signing for the Blaze.

Reply #132371 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

Totally disagree, i think he will be very effective.

Reply #132410 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:57 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754