skip
Years ago

Dome Refurbishment

Looks the the Dome Overhaul is set to go full steam ahead.
My Social ball team got notice last night that as of the 30th May for at least the following 3 months the Dome will be out of action for major court resurfacing and reconstruction of of the scoreboard and sound system.
Our social league is being moved to Port Adelaide for the remainder of the season.

Good to see it is definetly going ahead. I hvae heard, from a good source that there could be as many as 6 big screens!

Topic #11360 | Report this topic

TP  
Years ago

Can someone give me a "Hell Yeah!"

Reply #132433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yup, I think Woody's home games for juniors have been moved to Westminster (where Sturt were recently whilst they were homeless).

Reply #132436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isn't the netball being played at the dome over the next three months thou?

Reply #132441 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

cue the rat jokes...

Reply #132445 | Report this post

rasheed36  
Years ago

About time. Might as well be playing at Woodville High with the condition of the courts. Should of brought my ice skates, it was that slippery.

Reply #132447 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

6 SCREENS!!!!!!!!

Reply #132451 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Me - Can we cue the let's hope they refurbish the hot dog roller and sauce containers jokes too please

I have said it before but I will say it again - worst food ever at the dome - if I was starving in the desert and someone came up and said "SVD I got you a hotdog w/ sauce and "cheese" here fot you from the dome". I would say "nah mate ... gonna have to take my chances:

Reply #132456 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

heard a rumour that there might be a mascot next season.... should be good to see

Reply #132457 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I have also heard the same Booga. Further more, I hear it is not necessarily Murray.

Reply #132460 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Would hope it's not Murray (as muchas I liked him)...bring in something new and fresh, something to compete with Joe the Snake. or the Townsville Croc

Reply #132461 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

The thing with the screens is even now the screen (actually its a projected image not a real LCD screen) is only used when fox is broadcasting the games. Unless there is a CCTV camera being used then the screens are pointless for most of the season, unless they are used for advertising. Also I've heard that the center scoreboard and the other scoreboard are being replaced, so the new screens might be part of that.

Reply #132463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wat tho.. its hard to get a adelaide 36ers mascot

Reply #132464 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

hehehe, ok..if noone else wants it..ill kick us off...

i heard the Mascot is going to be a big rat and will spend the entire game just running round the concourse

Reply #132465 | Report this post

rib cracker  
Years ago

i heard the mascot is going to be a magic seal dressed in navy blue - the best in the west - perhaps call it "spadboo"

Reply #132468 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

D16 - Totally agree, However, I would think if the 6 screens thing is true then they would be looking to have even the non foxtel games up there.
AFAIK Every game is filmed for coaching purpouses. So all we need is that to be linked to the screens with maybe one other camera on the floor.

Reply #132469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6 SCREENNNNNNNNNNS!!!
wooo!

Reply #132483 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

132441 - good point. The AUS v NZ netball Test is supposed to be played there in July I believe

Reply #132484 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

very good to hear, this really is the kinda thing fans have wanted for a long time. It just brings a sense of excitement and feel of change to the team and the game experience. Hell i even got a little excited for the first game when they had those scrolling advertising, even though they were low quality it looks as if some effort is being made. Great move.

Reply #132491 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

a mascot,are they bringing back the milk monster!!!! what a legend he was

Reply #132504 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

I thought Pura Milk was nolonger to be the MS of the sixers?

Reply #132508 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

if the sixers go back to being sponsered by west end they should hold auditions to put together a group of "barneys" from the simpson.try outs would be awesome to watch

Reply #132510 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I believe there may be a new naming rights sponsor.

Reply #132511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hell I'm getting excited about all this talk about the dome and the sixers

Feel my nipples.........

Reply #132519 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

that will be crap. PuraMilk were good. Will they stay on as a sponsor?

Reply #132536 | Report this post

Dog 11  
Years ago

i think 123abc the new naming rights sponsor may be willing to pay more money.

Reply #132563 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There ain't gonna be six screens kids. You might want to scale back your expectations a fair bit.

Reply #132592 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

Scale back how far Isaac? Do we need to take a pen & pad to keep score?

Reply #132594 | Report this post

hahahaha  
Years ago

Don't forget your own fold up chairs

Reply #132624 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Have it on good authority the refurbishment won't take 3 months. Is closer to 5 weeks. Pardon the pun, but I smell a rat with the afore-mentioned social comp pulling the pin so early.

Reply #132715 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

What exactly will happen then?

What will be added, what will be replaced. How many screens will be added?

Which scoreboard will be replaced? The one above the court or the one with the full stats? Or both???

Reply #132717 | Report this post

shirley schmidt  
Years ago

Bring back Mr Pringle.
The fight he had with Sam Dunk on court about 3 years ago was a classic.

Reply #132733 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:07 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754