Crocodile Rock
Years ago

Best ABL Court Announcer

Have any of you have ideas about the best ABL court announcer/music man, i believe the guy at port adelaide is good, i think he did the ABL all-star game as well, what do you people think?

Topic #1139 | Report this topic

cheezeburger  
Years ago

bondsy from woodville.his defence,defence,defence charnt does the jobs. it is laughable too.

Reply #12630 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

a true court announcer is tough to come by these days.

Reply #12632 | Report this post

Years ago

Why don't you do it Mick?

Reply #12633 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

im not voluntering.he does do a good job seeing he is a rookie in the job.

Reply #12637 | Report this post

Years ago

You would struggle anyway

Reply #12639 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

cant i make a comment.i cant breath on this forum.

Reply #12641 | Report this post

Brian McGee  
Years ago

Cheezeburger,
He's no rookie, "Bonz" has been doing the announcing for Woodville for around 3 or 4 years now! You are right though he is the best court announcer at ABL level, by along way! He's also doing some work with the sixers at home games

Reply #12695 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

thanks for the info brian.

Reply #12840 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

The guy at sturt is so boring that if it wernt for the game I would go to sleep. The music at South is just crap, and contains very offensive language. I have complained as their are lots of kids there but I was basically just laughed at. The music at Mt Barker .... well what can I say , just, I thought they were going to have a square dancing exhibition at half time to go with the basket weaving display, dont ya love the country folk! Southern is quite good, has a good balance whith his music and comments. Centrals are so bias against visitors if it wernt for the great coffee at the canteen it wouldent be worth the trip. (hey maby an idea for another topic)

Reply #12869 | Report this post

beyondthearc  
Years ago

the best guy is from woodville

audible, concise, prompt, correct and knowledgable

Reply #12872 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

I haven't been to Woodville so I can't comment. The worst would have to be Forestville where when I have been they have had no music at all ! So there was no atmosphere at all. I dont know if that was a one off but it wasn't very good that's for sure.

Reply #12890 | Report this post

playa hata  
Years ago

the dud at centrals does it tough he has to pick the decks up from cashies before each game and the stuff is never the same each week. the amount of times he's burnt his hand on the stuff is crazy the dud needs gloves it's that hot!

Reply #13226 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

mum, usually there is plenty of music at forestville, maybe the announcer dude was sick or something

Reply #13231 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

The Forestville announcer is great, he is very audbile and accurate, as well as playing music all the time. Gee, Mum, keep buttering the tip top, cuz i went to very Forestville game last season and most before that and not one was quiet or without music- that would be very un-forestvillian!

Reply #13273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think the southern announcer is great! he is young and a great guy keep up the good work alan

Reply #13290 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:38 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754