Isaac
Years ago

Kevin Brooks confirmed as Hawks assistant

First rumoured on here many weeks ago, and now confirmed - Adelaide 36ers second assistant coach has been appointed as an assistant with the Wollongong Hawks.

"I'm extremely excited about the opportunity of joining Eric and becoming the assistant coach of the IMB Hawks," Brooks said.

"Eric and I both have something to prove. We're excited about the challenge and with the right blend of players we're confident we'll guide the team to a spot in the top eight."
Full article on NBL.com.au

KB is currently coaching in the NZ NBL. His team, the Saints, are 7-4 and in fourth position on the ladder.

Topic #11402 | Report this topic

Question  
Years ago

Awesome coaching lineup. THese guys will attract some awesome imports and australian talent.

Love the names too:

Join Cooks n' Brooks at Hawks (pronounced Hooks).

Reply #132878 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Was great as a player for us, but I don't think we'll miss him as an AC here - He didn't seem to have any input during games (Which I can only speak for - we don't see what input he has behind the scenes during training etc.)

Reply #132895 | Report this post

rib cracker  
Years ago

i think it might come back to haunt us - another one that we let go - KB is a winner - has the golden touch of empowering players/ teams/ supporters - agree didnt seem to have big input in sixers last year - and we know how the sixers went
the hawks be a team well worth watching to see if KB is a factor - i reckon he will as post above suggests

Reply #132896 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hopefully he'll continue to post here from time to time - always one of the funniest contributors.

Reply #132899 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Hopefully the Hawks can start signing some players and be half competitive.

Reply #132901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

will ninnis get a look here?

Reply #132902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry to see Brooksy go, but I don't blame him. Maybe he will be more than just the messenger boy with the Hawks.
Notice a great improvement in Coopers game since KB was on the team.

Reply #132912 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

What did he post under Isaac?

Reply #132914 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

SVD - he used to post under "kb"

Reply #132915 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He posts as kb

If you haven't read his posts before, take a look - some good stories, insight and mucking around.

Reply #132916 | Report this post

knackers  
Years ago

KB posted under kb, no way?
No wonder you had to ask the question SVD!

Reply #132922 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Will Scott Ninnis get a look in? Seems a logical conclusion.

Reply #132946 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Ninnis coming back here as 2nd assistant would see the wheel turn full circle.

However, maybe this time round would see him being "groomed" as the "heir apparent" to the main gig (puns intended if you find them funny).

Reply #132950 | Report this post

skyhooked  
Years ago

bring back scotty

Reply #132971 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Get stuffed Knackers :)

Reply #133005 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754