Dragons_Man
Years ago

Dragons Roster

They are saying that the roster is now complete? I thought there were 12 spots? Plus we still have 10 cap points left... Surely saving them for when Horvath gets his Nz Citizenship...?

This current Roster looks like this

PG Heal/ Martin
SG Tez/ Hill/ Shannahan
SF Homes/ Ingles
PF Horvath/ Hobba/ Conn
C ?/ Burston

The remaining 10 points are there to be used for a big name PF-C.

We need a Tyson Chandler clone! Or someone like Ellis, just 6" taller... post defender, shot blocker and offensive rebounder.

I have a had a little look in the NDBL and found some prospects:

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/kevin_lyde/

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/deji_akindele/

Could this work?

*** Also, could someone please post this on OzHoops as i still cant get my account activated!!

Topic #11414 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Heal/Martin
Groves/Hill
Ingles/Hobba
Holmes/Conn
Horvath/Burston

I wouldn't be holding out for Horvath to naturalise that quickly - could take a while?

Reply #133046 | Report this post

dry back  
Years ago

PG - Heal 8/Martin 4
SG - Cortez 10/Hill 5/Shannahan 4
SF - Holmes 8/Ingles 1
PF - ????/Hobba 1/Conn 3
C - Horvath 10/Burston 6
= 60 points

but if they cant find anyone then they will just move holmes to PF and Ingles to starting SF

you could play horvath as a PF but i think he is more of a C in NBL, also i have heard both that shannahan is playing and that he is just coaching and not playing does anyone have an actual answer?

Are development players counted in the points cap? Also when does horvath become naturalised?

Reply #133049 | Report this post

Dragons_Man  
Years ago

Is Conn a 3?? because he played college or in Poland? I'd counted him as a 1...

I think Shanahan is playing as he is on the current roster on the website... This doesn't include Kavossy, Ellis, Quick, Cannan so i'd says its accurate...

Surely they wouldn't have him contracted just to coach??? Although maybe thats all he's good for... :P (is avg 18ppg in the SEABL tho...)

I've heard around August for Horvath is the aim... so he could sneak in...

And no development players dont count toward the cap :D. Word here is that Shannon Seebohm has been signed as our first one?

Reply #133053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seebohm is a done deal says someone close to it.

Reply #133059 | Report this post

Dragons_Man  
Years ago

LOL i just added him on myspace so ill ask and get back to you guys!

Reply #133060 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Shanahan will not be in the 10. He will be a full time assistant.

Reply #133064 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

At least get it right...... it's Holmes not Homes.......

Reply #133066 | Report this post

Dragons_Man  
Years ago

Ooooh sorry... typo

and 'shanahan' too

my bad... no disrespect to ur boy ;)

Reply #133071 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Shanahan is going to be assistant coach.

Reply #133089 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

The 10 is as follows.....

Holmes
Groves
Hill
Horvath
Ingles
Heal
Hobba
Martin
Conn
Burston

2 development spots to fill.

Seabohm is one they are looking at, but there is a few.

Reply #133148 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Sorry.... Seabohm is definitely one of them

Reply #133157 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Now I read that back, I'll try again.

Seabohm is defintely a development member of the Dragons roster.

Reply #133159 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

So DICKO, is Seebohm a development player for the Dragons?

Reply #133167 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

:-)

Yes.

Reply #133174 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Thanks for clearing that one up. :->

Reply #133175 | Report this post

Dragons_Man  
Years ago

Can Someone please clear this up for me...

Roster sizes?

12 Regualar Spots
(Kings Had in 06/07: Jason Smith, Mark Worthington, Luke Kendall, Russell Hinder, Cameron Tovey, Ian Crosswhite, David Barlow, Brad Sheridan, BJ Carter, Anthony Susanjara, Jerome Beasley, Ed Scott)

PLUS

3 Development spots
(we had cannan, brebner, zorich last year)

Is this correct?

Reply #133186 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't believe Susnjara is in the ten for Sydney. Also, they run BJ Carter as a bit of an 11th man. Plus Barlow was injured for patches.

Clubs can run three development spots, or a couple of paid development spots and then a couple or more extras in a training squad (e.g., Sutton, Dodman and then Burdon, Ng for Adelaide last year).

Reply #133190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Says on the Dragons website that we have signed 11 players for next season, and that the last one is yet to be announced. You would think it'd be Shanahan and he'll just pick which games he wants to play.

Reply #133362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Dragons have signed Shannon Seebohm, thought that had already been mentioned.

Reply #133368 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Seabohm is the 11th that they haven't announced.

Shanahan will be assistant coach(non-playing), hence the royal butt-f&*(ng they gave Ninnis.

Reply #133383 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

and yet, you support this team dicko?

Reply #133387 | Report this post

Dragons_Man  
Years ago

I think that Shannon Seebohm has been signed as a development player... Not on the 'full-time' roster

The 11th will be Shanahan. I'd say he was on a 2-year contract and now he will be used as a releif player (whilst being Heal's assistant). So if some1 gets injured (touch wood), he can be activated into the 10 and play if required.

So yes he will be an assistant coach, but still on the roster so he is there if needed...

Really think they should get Cannan as 12th man... incase Burston doesn't shape up or a big guy goes down... (touch wood). He is killin it in the Big V atm!!

Reply #133408 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

These guys

Holmes
Groves
Hill
Horvath
Ingles
Heal
Hobba
Martin
Conn
Burston

Are all in the 10.

Shanahan can't qualify for a development spot.

Shanahan out. They need him like a hole in the head.

The whole PURPOSE of making him assistant is to subsidise his 2-year contract.

And, yes, I do follow this team. They're a great bunch of guys and they deserve support. It's not the players fault that the owner and his boy hummer do the things they do.

Reply #133427 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Dicko - So why yould you support them in the 1st place then? Cowan & Heal have been there from the start.

Sure the players might be a great bunch of guys, but so are the guys at Brisbane, Adelaide, New Zealand etc.

Not having a go at you at all. Just curious to know why they have your support. (Im leaning towards that you will go for any Melbourne team that aint the Tigers, but correct me if Im wrong)

To be fair, On the occasion that I have spoken with Cowan, he actually seems to be a pretty nice guy. Spoke to Heal on the same night tho and 'little twit' is the nicest thing I could say about him after that conversation.

Reply #133439 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Of course Cowan and Heal were there from the start, but Heal was simply a player, nothing more. Cowan IS a nice guy, just that he is being led too easily by a couple of people.

I follow basketball, I support it by going (and taking my family) to games. When there was one team in Melbourne I was even a Tigers member for a season but found it too difficult. The Dragons threw me a basketball supporter lifeline.

I also like to go to games and see the guys that I used to follow. Occasionally catch up with guys like Bear, Sam, Dusty, etc.

Simply.....I love the sport.

Reply #133525 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:40 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754