RSB
Years ago

Brett Maher and Paul Rees in a Hollywood Film.

Was at the movies today and saw "Lucky You".

It was a film about gambling (mainly poker) but had a guy that would bet on anything. He was chanting Ad-e-laide, Ad-e-laide, Ad-e-laide.

Then it shows on TV the sixers playing at the Dome. Showed Brett take a shot and then Rees doing some D.

Goes for abot 5-6 secs

Topic #11445 | Report this topic

billo  
Years ago

That's cool, I hope he wasn't betting on an Adelaide game from last season though!!

(yes, I know Rees wasn't in the team last season)

Reply #133521 | Report this post

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

hahaha, yeah i saw the movie last night too, when he was chanting Adelaide, i was thinking, what the hell is he chanting about, when they switched to show the tv, it was quite bizarro to see a sixers game and here the foxtel commentators in the background

Reply #133527 | Report this post

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

PS pity the movie sucked, its a poker/chick flick type deal, i love my poker, but even that struggled to get me thru the movie!

Reply #133528 | Report this post

RSB  
Years ago

I liked it from the poker angle. Girlfriends will not like it as it all revolves around poker.

It was set in 2003. So Rees would of been around then.

Reply #133560 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I am sure that on at least some level I should feel insulted about the Sixers being portrayed as the obscure nothingy team from hell-knows where that only a crazy guy would put money on. But, nope - nothing.

Reply #133611 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:57 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754