Dan
Years ago

Foxtel screwing us around again!!!!!

I'm am 100% certain that when I checked the Foxtel TV Guide plus the ESPN International website earlier this week that it showed playoff games would be shown on Saturday (Jazz @ Warriors) and Sunday (Suns @ Spurs).

Tonight, I was watching SportsCenter and just happened to notice when I was looking at the TV Guide an entry for NBA Conference Semifinals at 8pm. I called up the info on it and saw that it was a replay of today's Pistons-Bulls game.

I check the guide for tomorrow. Guess what? NO JAZZ vs WARRIORS game!!!!!!! Instead? NCAA COLLEGE VOLLEYBALL!!!!!! I had been waiting all week to finally watch my Warriors on my big screen plasma and now thanks to these bastards I'll have to wait longer or, perhaps, not even get to see them at all.

I'm going to ring them up and curse the hell out of whoever I speak to. I don't care if they say they aren't responsible for ESPN. They are transmitting the channel and so that makes them responsible for the coverage. When people complain, they should be doing something about it.

Topic #11458 | Report this topic

Vitamin B  
Years ago

is it womens volleyball?

Reply #133704 | Report this post

Magic Man  
Years ago

At least you have Foxtel. Think yourself lucky.

Reply #133706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

send them a message. cancel and then only watch games at the pub on the rare occasions they show a game..

Reply #133708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear ya brother. I am so god damn fed up with those pricks. They play crap games all year when there is quality playing on the same day and now they pull this shit by not providing Finals games consistently. I'm gonna wipe my shitty ass after I've baked a bomber - with their TV guide - and mail it to the f%*kers

Reply #133716 | Report this post

rybags  
Years ago

yeah what a joke. foxtel is f23cked!

Reply #133725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah, the mag has it as a live game.

NCAA Volleyball. Give me a freakn break.

We all know ESPN Asia is showing ALL the games (cos they are sharing it out on sop).

I have NO idea why we wouldnt be able to get it here.

Reply #133730 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Magic Man, what an incredibly silly comment. How can you be lucky to have Foxtel (a privelege you pay good money to have) and then not get what you want out of it. Its worse than not having it when you don't get the satisfaction out of what you pay for.

Reply #133732 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Simple:Hang them

Reply #133740 | Report this post

Magic Man  
Years ago

Magic Man, what an incredibly silly comment. How can you be lucky to have Foxtel (a privelege you pay good money to have) and then not get what you want out of it. Its worse than not having it when you don't get the satisfaction out of what you pay for.

Think your self lucky TO HAVE FOXTEL, you twit.

Reply #133760 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Yeah, in my day we didn't have toys, we used to play with bricks.....

Reply #133765 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

I would be upset if I had missed the Warriors Jazz game for replayed womens volleyball. It was a super game. Who won the volleyball? :)

Reply #133770 | Report this post

speedy  
Years ago

Been trying for ages to get Foxedtail to give us descent coverage .. but they always say blame it on ESPN ... then write to ESPN .. and they say blame it on the contract ... NObody wants to take responsibility for the crap we get .. well really it is Foxtel's problem cause we PAY money to them.. so if ESPN arent doing the job .. then they should get NBA TV or something else ....!!!! given up on them .. Foxytail is lucky they don't have any cable competition in this country cause they will be blown out !!! WE have crap cable here in AUS .. if u see what they have in Philippines, US or canada ..u'll be AMAZED !!!!

Reply #134269 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:53 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754