Isaac
Years ago

This week's bet

If you had the opportunity to earn a 20% return on your life savings (your house, car, whatever) if Brett Maher made a three point shot, but if he missed you would lose your money (house, car, etc), would you take the risk?

I'm not saying the bet is on offer - it's hypothetical - but I was just wondering what the response would be from state to state. i.e., would more people in Adelaide trust the ability of Brett Maher than Sydney folk would trust the ability of Shane Heal, and so on...

Topic #115 | Report this topic

rawr  
Years ago

ID so do it...

Reply #874 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I wouldn't. As good as Brett is, if he knew how much was at risk, he would lose concentration.

Reply #875 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Might I bring the story that Boti wrote in the Advertiser many moons ago on a Thursday...in a pre-training shoot-around with Jason Williams, Williams clunked his first 3 and had to sit around and watch Brett nail 17 straight.... :)

I'd trust Brett, but that's an awful lot riding on one single shot.

Reply #876 | Report this post

mike man  
Years ago

after the upset of forestville last night, does anyone know what the final positions would be if the warriors beat them again this week, and southern and norwwod both win...as that would leave norwood, southern and forestville all on 10-8, tied for 5th spot...
i think that the tightest mens league in years deserves to have finals positions come down to the last round...great stuff.

Reply #887 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Should the results pan out as suggested..

Actually, Southern won the season series against fville 2-0 and should have the spread comfortably covered over the Flames. What does this mean...? Southern make the 5, forestville save some money not having to pay rees and pero finals fees and Norwood end up where they belong...

Reply #893 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

FURTHERMORE...
Should fville lose, southern lose and norwood win, my calculations tell me that the Flames would end up 5th as their season series over fville is also 2-0.

Bottom line. The Eagles either win or are in a world of hurt.

Reply #894 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Jirachi, I dont udnerstand your post.

You say Forestville are struggling, but then they will push league leaders Woodville.

Woodville totally outclassed Southern last night, being without Puddifoot (shoulder), and the Tigers only being without Ingles (state duties).

Last meeting, Forestville beat Woodville, with Paul Rees's 2nd or 3rd game back, and with Whitmore elaving the game 2-3 minutes in with an ankle injury, meaning Bradley had to play the full game, and on Rees.

I think it's a brave call, but I guess, having said that, Woodville are assured the #1 spot regardless.

Reply #897 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

If the Eagles, Tigers, and Flames all end up with the same record, the Tigers will go through.

Both the Tigers and Flames have a 2-0 record over the Eagles, so they're out. And the Tigers have the overall point spread between the three teams, so they'll go through into 5th spot.

Reply #911 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

i must have missed how this thread changed topic to be about the state league.

I'd be awfully tempted to take that bet,

Reply #948 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

oops, continued post...

Brett with an open 3 would be a pretty high %, methinks. Is 20% enough reward for the risk, close call.

Reply #949 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Sheesh, for even 10%, I'd put my car on Shane. Much like Sammy Newman's lady tried to do with him. ;-)
Cheers, DDFan
PS: I'M BACK.

Reply #1044 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:27 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754