lockstock
Years ago

NBA referees reffing for 7 games

Watching the Suns/Spurs game 4 made me think.. for many years now NBA referees have been accused of favouring teams down in a series (especially a big series) to do their best to make it 7 games.

I always said, nah no way, but game 4 was the first time I have seen this with my own eyes. All of a sudden every single call started going with Phoenix. The look on the Spurs bench players faces said it all.. they thought they were getting cheated.

Did anyone else notice this and does anyone think this actually happens?

Topic #11500 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Your not thinking of the naughty 'C' word are you lockstock???

corruption......

Reply #134262 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

summed it up pretty well TR!

Reply #134266 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

TR would know.......

Reply #134270 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

lockstock agreed BUT it still seemed right ;-) making up for a couple of the previous games that seem to go to the Spurs in long stretches.

Reply #134271 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I get called the other naughty 'C' word everyday at work, but the 'C' that really pisses me off is the 'C' word mentioned above, especially when some idiot who has done something stupid is going off. Most insulting word in the dictionary as far as Im concerned.

Didn't a number of NBA refs get sacked for corruption issues regarding airline tickets. Something like the NBA purchasing them 1st class tickets, and they were cashing them in for economy tickets and pocketing the change???

Sadly enough I tend to agree with your observations lockstock. I feel the refs are being influenced by someone higher up (aka Stern and Stu Jackson).

I wonder if NBA refs are allowed to bet on games???? I highly doubt it, but that doesn't stop friends of the ref getting inside knowledge and putting down some large wages.

Reply #134290 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:38 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754