Fat Albert
Years ago

3 umpires per match

3 umpires on each game now in division 2 as a practice for Aba which is heading that way.

I noticed this at the Dome and I have heard it will be used soon for Aba.

Question is will it work?

How will the association find enough money to pay three on every game?

Will the standard be improved?

Will it mean we will have less consistancy with one good ref and two average ref's on every game?

Topic #11501 | Report this topic

wateva  
Years ago

1800 922 224

Reply #134275 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Go on, admit it. You actually dialled that number to find out who owns it.

Reply #134277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a little sad when you see 3 umpires on 1 court and then 1 umpire on the next court

Reply #134280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just get more of 'it wasn't my call.'

Reply #134286 | Report this post

MC  
Years ago

Especially when 2 referees were sitting down watching the 3 referees on court 1. Supposedly the referee doing the solo refused the help of one of the 2 referees sitting down.

Reply #134308 | Report this post

Denny Crane  
Years ago

Stop whining... go get a hooker.
The ref who did the solo was WNBL, just ask him

Denny Crane

Reply #134310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We had 3 last night at M'Vale for reserves and I think personally it was good. Provides a lot more protection off the ball for teams, and allows greater vision of the game.
Also means referees don't end up guessing calls when they get out of position. Normally with the 3 man system they are in the right place at the right time to make a good call, its just a matter of their judgement, not their positioning.
Not sure if it will be viable financially, or for times when lower grades only get a single ref in preference to a 3 man system on the other court, but from experience it works come game time!

Reply #134366 | Report this post

Gravity man  
Years ago

Yes,as an insider, 3 referees have been used at Wayville and Dome,so seeing soon,not only District Games but in social games,so that in future we can take the pressure off that fat referee at Wayville on Monday and Tuesdays social games.

Reply #134416 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:54 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754