Anonymous
Years ago

Willie Farley's 2002 NBA Try-outs

I was just watching the 36ers 2002 championship celebration on youtube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=o09yRzCn434&mode=related&search=) and they said that now that it's the end of the 01/02 season Farley would head back to the US for a shot at the NBA? Obviously he didn't make a roster but does anyone know how he went?

Topic #11524 | Report this topic

Chewy316  
Years ago

He said to the Advertiser that he would have played for the Lakers had A.J Guyton not be selected.

However, this turned out not to be the case. He wasn't up to the standard and never really had a chance to crack an NBA team.

Reply #134527 | Report this post

opt  
Years ago

they told him to learn how to play defense and then come back

Reply #134534 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

yeah, remember he came out in the paper and said it was down to him and AJ and he lost out ... but the lakers actually had a roster of 15 (three more to cut) and the next cuts happened a few weeks later ...

Reply #134561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what's willie up to now?

Reply #134567 | Report this post

Hm was this the year he 'schooled' Baron Davis in a D-League game?

Do you remember this, old school Hoops SA users?

http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/243/

Reply #134577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha yes i do remember when he schooled baron davis in the summer league, i think that was 2 years ago just before he returned here for the second time, if my memory serves me right he dropped 39 on baron during that game.

Reply #134583 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Last I checked, Willie was playing Div 2 in Italy for Indesit Fabriano. Same team as Neil Mottram.

Jeremy Veal is in the same competition, as is Daniel Cioffi. In Div 1 are/were Phill Jones, Damien Ryan, Stephen Black, Jayson Wells, Wade Helliwell, etc.

Reply #134588 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

7 turnovers in a game sorta cancels out the 6 assists.

Reply #134605 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I am having trouble working this out, must be getting old.

Did Willie come back to us after this or did we have CT locked in long term as Willie priced himself up and then ended up playing for cheap at the Pigs?

Reply #134632 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

One version I heard at the time was that they wanted to swap CT in for Willie even before the championship was won.

Reply #134635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think I heard Willie nearly made the Miami Heat roster, is that true?

Reply #134689 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

That was Willie Burton, not Willie Farley

Reply #134700 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:42 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754