Johnny Sack
Years ago

How Do We Rate Utah's Chances???

Just wondering - they are shaping up as a bit of a fairytale team... For starters - If they play either the Spurs (most likely) or the Suns they will be well rested...

Williams
Fish
Automatic Kalashnikov Model 47
Boozer
Okur

Beyond their starters, they start to get a bit thin - tho. Giricek is a fine Vinnie Johnson type, Milsapp by all accounts is solid (he won't win it for you but nor will he lose it for you), Harpring a surprisingly integral part, but beyond those guys you start to worry... so - can they do it...

For starters - Kirilenko is the X-Factor... One of the GS games Kirilenko played Point Guard (out of Dee Brown's injury and Fishers early abscence) - and really messed with Don Nelson's plans... Deron Williams - well the guy is nonpareil right now... Duncan will have his hands full with Boozer and Okur - wheras Kirilenko will give Duncan fits!!!...

Is it just me or are this years playoffs unusually intruiging... I am literally salivating at the Jazz v SAS/Suns and the Det v Cavs (hopefully - lets see how good LBJ really is - would be almost dreamlike to see the Cavs in the finals...)/Nets (too clapped out i'm sorry to say...) series'...

And a Jazz v (Anyone really) finals would be great to watch... As long as they win...

Anyone agree with me or think i have to lay off the absinthe...

Topic #11534 | Report this topic

Years ago

the REAL western conference finals is currently being played between the suns and spurs

Reply #134715 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

thats right (#134715).... Keep underestimating the Jazz at your peril, they love it to be that way..

U r on the money Johny Sack the Jazz v SAS/Suns and the Det v Cavs finals will be awesome series...

Cant wait...lets just hope foxtel can come to the party!

Reply #134716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree with #134715. if it werent for the suns-spurs series this first round would be oh so boring. these two teams are powerhouses and head and shoulders above the rest.

Reply #134717 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Nets are a very very darkhorse. Cause extreme matchup issues with their style of play. Plus they have Jason Kidd....who is simply unable to be contained.

Imagine a Nets/Jazz series...would Stern be happy with this? 2 'unknowns' would show just how open the NBA has become!

Reply #134719 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

A Nets/Jazz series would make my wallet larger!

Reply #134721 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I don't think the Nets will make it past the Cavs, I don't really rate them any more. Very keen to see how LBJ will stack up v Detroit, very interested indeed.

Was wondering the same thing about the Jazz, whether they would provide much opposition for the Suns/Spurs. Haven't seen them play this year so it's tough to make a call.

Johnny, as a general rule it's probably best to lay off the abysinth, that stuff is brutal.

Reply #134726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'kobe24' i dont exactly think the nets are 'unknown' as u put it - theyve been in the nba finals and conference finals a fair few times in the last 10 years. plus three allstars

Reply #134742 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm not too sure if the Jazz can get it done in San Anto. Jazz have fits trying to win in there.

The Jazz and Spurs match up very well, both defensive type of teams.

If the Jazz play the Suns then I think that the Suns can out run them. Jazz v Spurs is going to be a battle of the defenses and a 'grind it out' series.

Give me Jazz v Spurs and I think the Jazz have a great chance if they can steal one on the road.

Not too sure if you could call the Jazz a fairy tail team. There roster hasn't changed much in the past two years, the difference has been a healthy Boozer, a greatly improved Deron, and solid role play by Harpring, Fisher and Milsap (the kid is a beast) I think they have always had the talent but just couldn't get in on the floor. AK has had a dog of year, but is stepping up at the right time.

Also never underestimated the old warhouse Jerry Sloan. He's got a few tricks up his sleeve.

Reply #134756 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

*should be warhorse... idiot....

Reply #134761 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Finaly TR gets something right.

Reply #134768 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Thanks Kent, between you and MW I'm always receiving a reality check.

Reply #134811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jazz have zero chance

Reply #134994 | Report this post

Jazz Fan  
Years ago

Jazz in 7. Sloan is a mastermind

Reply #135015 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:18 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754