Years ago

Two Big games at Pas

Norwood woman take out the Sabres.
Sanres men snuff the Flame

Two Great Games

Topic #11539 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw that the Sturt men won in overtime by 1. Things are getting pretty tight at the top end of the table!

Reply #134824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt played well with Darren Ng hitting some massive shots especially near the end of the game.

It was a shame however to see the inconsistency of the refs (3 of them too). I thought Norwood got a rough deal with the calls...especially in the 4th and in over-time. It seemed that the Ng's were protected at one end and the Norwood bigs who were basically getting "raped" couldn't get a call down the other end.

All in all it was an exciting game to watch. Nice win Sturt.

Reply #134834 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

Pitty sturt didnt sing there song in the centre after the game to celebrate.....oh wait they have some class, cant be said of the other mob. I felt Sturt made their own luck in this game, refs were consistent over the course of the game, so nothing can be said about down the stretch. Dareen was great to watch down the stretch.

Reply #134840 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

You are a tool Sir Charles! Sturt have class because they didnt sing the song in the centre of the court. Does that sort of thing really upset you?...Get over it!!!

Reply #134922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spazzy - it's been mentioned on here after a few games now that the opposition find it "rubbing it in" after losing at Mars. I've also heard it from players from at least 2 clubs myself.
That may not be why Norwood do it, but that's the way it comes off.

Reply #134942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats crap about the song let the boys show some club spirit. you dont see people in other sports complaining about club songs. if they win they have every right to celebrate the win however they want and if players are offended and think its rubbing it in, at least they are only doing it by song there are plenty of other ways of rubbing it in...

Reply #134950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"you dont see people in other sports complaining about club songs"

This issue isn't about club songs. I believe West, Sturt, Forestville and (maybe) Southern all have a club song that their men's team sing after games - but they do it in the privacy of their change rooms after the games - as do AFL teams etc. They don't belt it out right in front of, or at, the team they just defeated. I haven't heard of a single complaint about these clubs and the way they conduct the singing of their songs. Only about Norwood and where they do it.

Reply #134955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AFL and SANFL doesnt count their club song is played through out the arena as soon as the final siren goes would you prefer that at games instead of them singing the song on the court. also in the Amateur footy leagues songs are done on the feild at home games i dont hear complaints there!
in the end it is Just a SONG!

Reply #134996 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

I cant believe people get offended by this, and we wonder why fans of other codes look at basketball as soft...(#134950) & (#134996) are right on the money...You cant say that in the AFL they do it in the PRIVACY of the changeroom...nothing private having it shown to 300,000 people around the country...
i just hope that (#134942) your views are only held by a small amount of sad little whingers around the game...

Reply #135037 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:08 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754