dry back
Years ago

How about this import?

Rod Nealy 199cm, currently playing for Brgy. Ginebra in the PBA and ripping it up outplaying chandler and ellis and everyone else overthere.

so lets say all your dreams come true and newly and luke decide to play in the NBL.

PG - Maher/Davidson
SG - Newley/Ng
SF - Nealy/Copeland
PF - Ballinger/Cooper
C - Schenscher/Dench

that team is up there with melbourne and cairns and might just do it.

Topic #11588 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Points Cap Anyone???

Reply #135491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Schenser isnt coming back to NBL why would he want to after getting games in NBA, more likely he will go play in europe

dreaming if u will have that team.

just get on dragons vs taipans final

two most improving teams

Reply #135493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taipans maybe, but not the dragons. Tigers and Bullets will be up there. My top 8 :

Brisbane
Melbourne
Cairns
Sydney
Dragons
Perth
Townsville
Adelaide

Gold Coast
New Zealand
West Sydney
Wollongong
Singapore

Reply #135498 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I wouldn't ignore Sydney in a hurry. Were in the mix last year and they've just replaced an injured-and-barely-played Barlow with Boomer Saville, plus shouldn't find it hard to upgrade on last year's averageish imports.

Oh, and they're already training hard.

Import/Kendall
Smith/Carter
Saville/Tovey
Worthington/Hinder
Import/Crosswhite

Two semi-Boomers coming off the bench and three on court - tough line-up.

Reply #135507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"semi-Boomers" - I like that. As in only a Boomer because they played for the Kings at the time or Goorjian wanted them to play for the Kings in the future.

Reply #135527 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Semi-Boomers because were other players not injured, I'm not so sure they would've been required. e.g., run a frontcourt of Bogut, Schenscher, Andersen, Anstey, Mackinnon, Nielsen etc and who needs Hinder, Helliwell, etc.

And then there's Kendall, who's playing to keep his spot at the Kings, let alone the Boomers!

Reply #135529 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

If all players are available I don't think Anstey will make the Boomers. Certs are Bogut, Schenscher, Andersen, Mackinnon, Nielsen, Smith, Saville, Newley - probably take a couple of young guys - Mills, Gibson or Ingles

Reply #135532 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd run Nielsen as SF/PF and Anstey off the bench as back-up PF or C - hard to deny a 7' shooter IMO.

Bruton/Mee?
Smith/Newley
Mackinnon/Saville
Nielsen/Anstey
Bogut/Andersen

Schenscher
Mills

Anyway, no room for Hinder, Helliwell or Kendall. Hell, not even room in the ten for Worthington, Barlow or Holmes at full strength.

Reply #135535 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

like the line up Isaac pretty much spot on IMO , but i would take a healthy Barlow over Saville as he has edge in Athleticism ( or youth ) sav is no slouch in that area and Barlow is a much better 3 pt shooter which for international ball is a must .
Saville is past his use by date in that arena unless Sammy Mac is injured .

Reply #135540 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Would also take Worthigton over an ageing J Smith .
Bruton can run some 2 ball when Mee is playing point .
Strong team

Reply #135541 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Would also take Worthigton over an ageing J Smith .
Bruton can run some 2 ball when Mee is playing point .
Strong team

Reply #135542 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I'm not sold on taking a Darnell at this point. Aaron Bruce wouldn't get a gig?

Might also find a spot for Ingles in the 12. Perhaps instead of Mills?

Would definitely start Newley over Smith, and I'm not even sure Smith would make my 12.

Apart from that, I think it's just about right. A fully fit & available front court would certainly be very handy.

Reply #135543 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I wouldn't be picking Ingles over Mills. Mills stays.

Reply #135544 | Report this post

dry back  
Years ago

I think this team has the right mix of youth and experience and would do pretty good.

Bruton/Bruce
Newley/Black
Mackinnon/Worthigton
Andersen/Nielsen
Bogut/Anstey

also a random team made up of talented youngsters, the problem is we have to many Fwds and Ctrs and not enough guards but still it looks ok. so i put what i thought are there actual positions in brackets.

Mills(PG)/Stefan(SG)
Ingles(SF)/Barlow(SF)
Kickert(PF)/Knight(PF)
Maric(C)/Loughton(PF)
Schencher(C)/Neville(C)

Reply #135555 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

TR,

In that case - Ingles over Bruce/Mee in the 11th/12th man bracket & move Mills up to backup PG?

Reply #135558 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

my opinion is international tournaments such as the olympics are not made for development id just put the best team available out there, as with our team we will naturally have some younger guys like a Newely and Bogut in there anyway. So yea Mee should definatly go over Bruce or Mills, assuming he plays well next season, but id probably take Mills or Bruce as the 12th man and 3rd string point guard, but yea id pick the best 2 players at each position regarldess of age and then maybe pick 2 younger guys in the 11th and 12th spots. My team would be something like this
PG Bruton/Mee
SG Newley/J.Smith or Black or Harvey (who ever is in better form)
SF Mackinnon/Saville
PF Nielsen/Andersen
C Bogut/Anstey
in the 11th and 12th spots id go for 2 of Mills, Bruce, Ingles, Barlow, Schenscher, Worthington, Loughton, depending on who is in better form and what type of player they need.
I reckon that would be the best Boomers team put together in years, the best since 2000 anyway, with the 2000 team probably being one of the deepest on paper the boomers have ever had, Maher and Cattalini where the 11th and 12th men, where now they would both be high (or atleast should be) in the rotations if they chose to play

Reply #135577 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

start the youth movement with Mills and Bruce, especially with CJ out.

I'd take Mills over Black at the PG position. Mills is a pure pass first point guard.

I'm getting tired of seeing the 'olds' being retained year after year. Think of the future as that 'youth movement' team that dryback posted above is a good start. Here's what I'd like to see.

Mills/Bruce
Newley/Ingles/Barlow
Kickert/Knight
Maric/Loughton
Bogut/Schencher/Neville

Reply #135580 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Jason Smith is little more than a spot up shooter these days. I'd have Jingles in my first 10.

I'd also like to see Nielsen playing some time at the SF position.

Reply #135726 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

TR, is that Matty Knight you have in there? No way could play the three, and I wouldn't take him over most of our 4/5s.

I agree with getting getting rid of some of the older guys (Smith, Anstey) but I don't think that a full on youth pollicy is needed.

If we had a full squad to choose from, here would be my side:

Bruton/Bruce
Newley/Ryan/Ingles
Mackinnon/Worthington
Andersen/Neislon/Kickert
Bogut/Schenscher

For this series, as we'll be without Bogut, Bruton and possibly Nelwey depending on how things turn out, I say we should then have this:

Bruce/Mee
Ryan/Ingles/Black
Mackinnon/Worthington/Saville
Andersen/Neilson/Kickert
Schenscher/Maric

For those that don't think Bruce can start, remember that in the NZ series last year he played fairly well when he got to play decent minutes. And then he got better game by game at the World's. Plus he's got another season at Baylor under his belt.

He should be ready to start this series and play big minutes.

Reply #135730 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Take Saville out of my second side there.

Should be:
Bruce/Mee
Ryan/Ingles/Black
Mackinnon/Worthington
Andersen/Neilson/Kickert
Schenscher/Maric

Reply #135731 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

yeah, your right twenty four, my mistake. Ok lets move Knight to the four and move Ingles or Barlow to the three.

Reply #135734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In my opinion i think that saville is past it, worthington and balrow arn't up to it and bruton is highly overatted
I like watching Bruce play and feel that he can play at this level.
And Anstey still has what it takes to be in the boomers team, maybe not a starter but he can come off the bench, as somebody said earlier a 7 footer who can shoot 3s. wat more so you want??

Reply #137825 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:12 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754