smooth pockets
Years ago

Chicago Bulls player intros

Could we ever hope that the 6ers intros could be at least 10% as entertaining and intimidating as this.

Topic #11592 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

The Pistons also have a great one - excellent announcer and some great themes - "Let's go to work", the whole blue collar thing, the bells playing for Ben Wallace (when he was there).

B-B-B-Billups!

Reply #135508 | Report this post

Mr. Big Shot#1  
Years ago

Im a Detroit support and Detroits is easily better. Announcer is wicked. B-B-Billups and Detroit "lets play some basketball". Would Detroit practice that during the week??.
Detroit NBA Champions 2007. Mr. Big Shot Finals MVP.

Reply #135513 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Love it How Bi Ben smashes the Milwaukee logo... just awesome

Reply #135518 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

That bulls one still gives me chills. Would be awesome to see something like that at the dome.

Reply #135523 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Wow...
agreed Kent, hard to pick number 1 there...
I hate the Pistons, but they put on a hell of a show!!
Harper nearly gets as big a cheer as MJ on the Bulls one.

Reply #135528 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Whenever the Sixers have tried doing the whole lights out, big drama type player intros it has come across to me as being incredibly lame and amateur. It doesn't help that they do it about half an hour or so before tip off, so the building is only ΒΌ full if that.

I wish they would go back to doing the simple, straightforward player intros just before tip off, have the national attention and then right into the game. To me that built a more intense atmosphere than having spot lights, fake smoke and 200 people in the stands.

Reply #135564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it is kinda sad when you see the 6ers intro and you know how good it can be ie the bulls. My feeling is at least last year they tried to make an effort.

Reply #135573 | Report this post

Mr. Big Shot#1  
Years ago

Tell me you don't think the bulls intro is beating then the Pistons.

Reply #135579 | Report this post

Confused  
Years ago

So why is Paul Bauer being flown to the USA to get tips on how the NBA do their intro's etc? When the all the info or the pinnacle of how it should be done is on you tube!!! Sixers must have a heap of extra cash to afford those 'info sessions'!

Also agreed, the players are introduced waaaaaay to early, when no one is seated. Do the player warmups, then with about 2 minutes left, lights off and let the 'drama' begin...that will get the crowd going...and coming back each week!!

Reply #135617 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

One of the main reasons that the introductions were done so early was because the lights at the dome took from when the intros finished unitl just before tip off to get back to their full lighting capacity.

Reply #135636 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Well Mal, get onto some new lighting that regenerates quickly...because when done correctly, that is one heck of a impressive display!

Reply #135680 | Report this post

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

I never knew Ben Wallace was "bi" #518. I wonder if he knows that for himself also.... I wonder what Tim Hardawy thinks about that comment

Reply #135690 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Intros like that only work when the team is awesome, ala Jordan era Bulls. Pretty sure Bulls kept that same intro running right through all those years they sucked after Jordan left, not as cool then.

I didn't realise Rip Hamilton was 6-7, I always thought he was about 6-3, that's ridiculous! Checked out his stats (mainly to confirm his height) and this year in the playoffs he's a model of consistency, first round 18.3 ppg, second round 18.3ppg, third round 18.5ppg, career average 17.9ppg.

Reply #135708 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Billo, I thought the same thing re Rip after seeing video of the Pistons intro a year or so ago. Also agree re intros only working for a big team.

Reply #135714 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Quite honestly I think the Bulls inro shits all over the Pistons one. Bulls have much better music and announcer! I reckon old Bulls announcer was the best of all time.

Reply #136562 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Agreed Nick.
Pity he got shafted by them for introducing MJ in the same way when he played for the Wizards against the Bulls.
Management called for his head...prob that tool Krause!

Reply #136566 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:47 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754