AJ ( Forestville)
Nick Westoff (forestville)
and dunno about 4th reserve

wats 16 boys, girl and 18 girls state team lineup

Topic #11617 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Country State teams are posted on their website www.sacbc.basketball.net.au
Does anybody know when the Metro team lists will be released?

Reply #135741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow - i notice a pattern in the first five guys...

Reply #135745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kurtis Phillips from west is in it

Reply #135746 | Report this post

Flirs 88  
Years ago

And the last reserve is Corey Maynard.

Reply #135747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thanks for someone posting the actual team ... cheers guys

Reply #135749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best to get you facts right re U18 boys:

Keegan Brooksby (sturt)
Tom Daly (sturt)
Matt Dubric (South)
Peter Leijs (sturt)
Matt Lycsard(might be misspelled) (North)
Claybrin McMath (sturt)
Jordan Murphey (north)
Scot O'Connor(southern)
Kurtis Philips (west)

Reserves are

Reece Turner (forestville)
Nick Westhoff (forestville)
Tim Smyth (South)
Corey Maynard (Sturt)

Jan (sturt)

Reply #135754 | Report this post

Sid Farcus  
Years ago

Yeah I can see the pattern too - there all from the State Championship winning team. How dare the coaches select five proven winners!

Reply #135768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lycett

Reply #135777 | Report this post

unbelievable  
Years ago

I am sure that their being undefeated, having won summer finals, having won Easter tournament and having won State Champs should have nothing to do with State selection though. Especially when country have just selected 8 Mav's players.

Reply #135791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

18's look good

What do we think of 16's chances??

Have avoided Vic Metro but get NSW Metro, WA Metro.

Reply #135805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do not discount Vic Country either, I think it will be a very tough Nationals for all concerned this year, One pool really tough, the other has NZ ( unknown ) and Vic Metro.

Some very good teams to miss out from one pool.

Who are the finalists ( Semi's)?

Reply #135888 | Report this post

HA  
Years ago

Speaking of patterns - did anyone else notice a pattern in the SA Country U18 boys?

8 of 10 wear grey & maroon. And unlike the 5 SA Metro Sturt boys, they're not undefeated in SA & haven't beaten a top ranked Vic side.

A couple of guys most would've thought shoe-ins didn't make the team. Not surprisingly, they don't play in the hills on a Friday night.

Reply #136064 | Report this post

Cat 83  
Years ago

HA - hardly surprising considering the grey and maroon home court is in Country SA.

As for players "most would've thought shoe-in's." There's not a player listed in the squad that didn't make the team that i would classify as a shoe-in, let alone unlucky to miss out.

Reply #136070 | Report this post

HA  
Years ago

There's at least one I can think of who I'd have figured to be a walk up starter. But he plays on the very opposite side of the competition to the hills boys.

Just not sure how people can mention the 5 Sturt boys (all proven winners, all proven performers at a high level) in the metro team, but not anything about the Country side.

Especially when you look at where Eastern are on the ladder...

Reply #136072 | Report this post

Cat 83  
Years ago

Two years ago he was a walk-up start. But due to significant injuries, missed Albury and early trainings, isn't a walk-up start for his district club (the games i've seen) and hasn't been the same player he was before the injury. IMO it was a 'safe' move to not include him in the 10.

HA - there's alot of tall poppy syndrome floating around on this forum, that's why!

Reply #136085 | Report this post

Bob  
Years ago

Here are the teams U16 & U18

http://www.basketballsa.com.au/fs_newsitem.asp?id=71927&orgID=9&Oname=Basketball+SA&O1c=6&O10c=12

Reply #136140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again they went with all offense no defense.. we'll see how it goes.

Reply #136161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Defense and a rebounding beast is usually wat SA teams miss often only shooters are picked just ask some of the other states coaches they'll tell ya

Reply #136164 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

the 4th reserve is me good mate corey

Reply #136168 | Report this post

Wayville 45  
Years ago

gotta score to win a game. can't win a game just by denying the other team a basket.

Reply #136185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh but u cant win games relying on out scoring everyone as i remember Mark Davis stating if your defence is good enuff u really only need one point to win ok thats not going to happen but its a good example of our important defense and rebounding is you need players that can fill the hole but its no good having ten offensive oreintated players and no defensice/rebounders in the team even look at the great bulls teams even they had guys like rodman for this in saying that if they can score and shut a man down and be a rebounding beast u have an absolute superstar

Reply #136187 | Report this post

A-BA-HA  
Years ago

HA

Your comments show your poor understanding of the under 18 competition in SA.

Did you think about the fact that lots of Mavs are in the country team may be due to the fact players in other clubs players are primarily metro (ineligible for SAC), whilst EM players are ALL country (in this age group). The most any other club has is 1 or 2, some have none, and some of these did NOT trial, and one pulled out after Albury. Do the math, and work it out, not many left to compete with for spots, yes there are some that didn't play in the metro comp that went to Albury, but most of them also pulled themself out.

You cannot just read a ladder and pick out a team based on position alone. I wish not to comment more, but let me assure you my understanding of this process is better than yours.

I am sure coaches have picked the best team available, and unless you have followed every training, trial match, and game that the coaches have, I would suggest they have a more balanced view than you do. Thus are more able to make a more informed decision on whom to take to war.

Their decisions are made with respect to taking away a team to be competitive, remembering they too may be judged on the teams' performance, they would not leave out a "shoe-in". This would make them look bad. Your decisions however are based purely on emotion, because your mate (or similar) got left out. Think about it before you are quick to comment.

Reply #136193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm surprised the Noorwood's 5 man didnt get picked, he can board, play d and can fill a role and he a lot stronger than the backup bigs.

Reply #136253 | Report this post

Wayville 95  
Years ago

How can anyone complain about the team they've picked? One of their players even got interviewed at the esteemed hoops site aussiebasketball.com

I don't see any Metro players being interviewed, so clearly Country > Metro.

Reply #136262 | Report this post

cccccat  
Years ago

I think you should take note that Daniel Lean is only 17 and has been playing in the ABL - i don't see anyone else doing that. Just cos they are all from one team means nothing, apart from the dedication of those players.
Stop trying to shut down Mavs -they are far by the best team socially & have a great atmosphere.

Reply #136407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I assume you are talking about McGinty? Of course he got picked. He is one of the premier players in this age group. Try checking the SAC list, you will find his name there.

Reply #136425 | Report this post

Flinders 60  
Years ago

The question is - does that say more about Lean's ability or the Mavs senior teams struggles?

Reply #136480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excuse my ignorance, but not being able to find too much info on the Melbourne Classic next weekend, I was wondering if anyone knew the venues used. I checked out the vjbc website and it said Dandenong for U16 & U18, is this div 1 and div 2? I have been told that Nunawading and Knox are used as well and am a bit confused.

Reply #136489 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

The Classic is invite only - the top 4 div 1 teams from state champs in each age group from U12s-U18s usually attend (pending their nomination into the event).

The U12s & U14s are played at MSAC (Albert Park) and the U16s & U18s are at Dandenong.

If you're a division 2 side, or a non-top 4 div 1 side, you'r emost likely playing the Nunawading tournament. They use plenty of venues for this tournament, including Nunawading & Knox.

To check if your team is going to the Classics, check out the list of teams here.

Reply #136491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i don't think it matter if Paul Mescke was the coach or not

those 5 sturt players are insane and should be in the team

espically Daly he is fuckin insane

Reply #136577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thanks for that comment daly

Reply #136821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why is it that whenever someone gets talked up, it has to be the person talking themselves up? i know tom personally and he'd be the last person to say something like that...ps. daly IS insane..

Reply #136823 | Report this post

Years ago

(Mod: Read the Forum Guidelines.)

Reply #136825 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:56 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754