im feeling quite sexual right now

Reply #135795 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Water boy or new court announcer

Reply #135798 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

According to all reports, the better question was...
where was Willie in the 06/07 team?? :)

Reply #135814 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

hahhaha nice one me!

Reply #136016 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

me, I can answer that question, he was held back by the rest of the team.

Reply #136157 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, you might want to run that theory past the coaches.

Reply #136186 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

seriously dont get this..farley carried the team last year when maher was out...when u watch the games you could see he was the only one trying to create something..

if u wanna judge him as a player on the last 5-10 games because he wasnt enthused due to his dieing father then ur an idiot..dont forget the championship, dont forget the amazing scoring sprees, dont forget the highlights he provided us and the fact that he was a great entertainer, dont forget that he was robbed of his mvp award by brian wethers..a 20ppg last season is not something to frown upon..

u wanna bag someone on that team..lets turn to the nash's (seriously...why is he is the nbl?, u could even turn to horvath, an import not really producing like an import should (cant stay on the court longer than 5 minutes), turn to copeland who chucks up the worst 3 point shots ive ever seen...he makes 1 and he thinks he needs to take the next 8...so lay off farley..ur just bitter because he did leave and he WAS a star

Reply #136199 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

jules, I'm often critical of the coaches, but they see more of Farley on court, at training and behind the scenes than the rest of us. And they didn't retain him for the coming season.

No one's forgetting the highlights. You just need to appreciate that these guys know more about the situation than you do.

Reply #136201 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

i wasn't neccessarily talking ur post, but about other threads as well and just 6ers fans in general..all i hear is people bagging him for his lack of effort last season - which was only evident in the last few games and its completely unfair to judge one of the best players to wear a 6ers uniform by just what we saw last.

Reply #136203 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It wasn't just the last few games. The concerns were there from much earlier in the season.

Reply #136210 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

.....he averaged around the 20 point mark all season?? they ar good enough numbers for me...he was a very underated playmaker, he came up big in the stretch of some games, he could give us a spark and bring us back...surely u saw some of the games...i can remember heaps of times where the sixers played like crap and farley was the only one doing anything...it was so clearly evident last season...and it was only the last few games where he started to get benched...and like i said - with a dieing father he said his priorities and his heart wasn't with basketball at that moment. but to be critical to farley who is one of the best ever to play for adelaide is just brainless

Reply #136215 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

it just shits me he is gonna be remembered for what he didnt do late in his career than what he did do...which was a lot

Reply #136216 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No one's saying that his father wasn't dying or that he didn't have some good games. Just that he wasn't working with the team and was let go because of it.

You know how you were critical of Copeland's three point shooting? Copes shot at 34% last year from long range. Farley shot at 29%.

Also:
Farley, 25.6 PP48.
Copeland, 25.5 PP48.

You remember him for what you want to remember him and let others do the same. Just don't assume that all was happy with him in the team.

Reply #136217 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

i was critical of copelands 3 point shot selection and i never praised farleys either...and im not talking about what is it ur talking about...im not talking about what happened at the end of last year...do u really think people are like 'well his services were unbelievebale and he was a fantastic player, he just didn't work in that team. oh what a pitty, good luck for the future'...NO...they are saying farely go play some defense...farley...did u play for the sixers last year? farleys crap..farley didnt try, farleys this...farleys that...etc..etc..THATS what im talking about - people bagging him - its not fair..as i said before its brainless to bag one of our best players ever...he shouldnt be remembered for those last few weeks, are u saying u dont agree with that?

Reply #136218 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

yes but WHYYYYYYYYY...why are people unhappy with him? he played unspired basketball in the last few weeks for a very good reason...apart from that...whats the problem?

Reply #136219 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

and im reffering to the fans...not the players...not the coaches..not the staff...the fans who know what i know and saw what i saw

Reply #136220 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Many fans saw him slacking on defense, realised it was a significant problem within the team, and reacted to that.

Reply #136225 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

He has always been a player to drop his head if the first few shots dont go his way. It just got even worse and noticable this season.
The fact that we werent winning certainly didnt help.
Without a doubt, he could get the crowd going more than anyone when he was on fire.
I will always have good memories of him as I have just tried to forget all of last season as a whole.
Certainly if he ever returned to the NBL for another team I would applaud him as he came onto the court.

Reply #136226 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

once again - not my argument..im talking about the fact that all i hear about farley now from adelaide fans is negative talk and what a bad player he was for us because of a small portion of one season for a good reason

Reply #136227 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

above post - referring to isaac, not skip

Reply #136228 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jules, think about your railing against Copeland (and that of other fans too) even though it was one season out of a very strong and significant career. Same deal. Same with Nash, Wheeler, etc.

I'd say his good play was a small portion of last season, not the other way around.

I have good memories of Willie, but a lot of people tend to find some analysis interesting and so the issues of the team get raised, especially after a very average year.

Reply #136230 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Certainly 2 of my all time favourite dunks at the dome ever were by willie last year.

The dunk on Heal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOaQK3Kz3IA&NR=1

and the Copes to Farley Alley. (My fav dome dunk ever)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybS8gBeBGmg

But, I cant think of many other good things he did last year.

Reply #136231 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

i was not saying anything bad about copeland...just his shot selection...and u obviously saw a different season that i did...coz farley was still very good for us

and nash??!!! NASH!!! u r comparing willie and nash? and saying willies up and down was the same as nashs? seriously..? i still dont know why he plays basketball...thats ridiculous...come on isaac...nash...?

Reply #136233 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, I'm comparing the criticism of Nash to your concept that because of 2002, Farley should go free of many negative remarks from fans. Seriously, people are more likely to be critical than speak up and be positive. You're obviously a big Farley fan, so you're selectively noticing more of the criticism as well.

Farley's shot selection was as bad as Copeland's - evidenced by his outside shooting percentage.

His defense was not very good to the point where some of the team (if not more of the players) thought it was one of the main issues with the team last year.

If you loved him, great, that's fine and personal for you. And I'm sure the club appreciated his best performances too.

I'm just saying that he hasn't been retained, there are reasons for that, and people made some valid criticisms of his 06/07 season during the year.

Reply #136237 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

i no what you were doing with nash...but i think its a bit different with willie farley...i just think people are being TOO critical which is my problem..thats all i really said

Reply #136289 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think they are. Just one player lagging on defense and you throw the team out and the opposition gets an open look. That's a serious issue when the team isn't on the same page offensively and defensively.

Two players who didn't help in 06/07 based on those I've talked to (people who'd know) were Farley and Majstrovich. And therefore it's not a huge surprise to me that neither were retained.

Meanwhile, guys like Copeland (usual criticism: old, doesn't play defense, jacks up shots) and Ng (usual criticism: too weak, liability on defense, all he can do is shoot) will be back to play another season.

Don't assume that just because someone posts criticism, they don't also see value in a person or player.

Reply #136294 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

farley did help! i can remember the games on fox sports...we were so bad to watch...we looked shocking and thats when willie decided to take it in his own hands and he could...he starting to be aggressive and put the ball on the floor...he attacked the ring and made some big shots...u cant tell me he didnt try to lift us on many occasions last season..especially with maher out...he looked as if he cared and looked as if he was trying more than anyone else..

the critism is too harsh...its just fans having a sook..(ive done it to) and looking for someone to point the finger...and the whole farley thing got blown out of proportion..and it WAS the last few games..and his mind was obviously else where (his dad)..i dont care about ur connections and what-not...im talking about the fans who need to stop attacking their own players - especially ones that are actually helping and arent the problem..the defense thing like i said is being exaggerated because we were so bad last year. i dont think his defense was as bad as ur making it out to be. if a guy plays that bad defence like u and others make it sound like he does...he wouldnt be in the nbl in the first place

Reply #136297 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

jules, are you Willie Farley?because if you are, Isaac is not Phil Smyth, so you still don't get your spot back.

Reply #136301 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

DB5.......i wish i was willie farley...do u know how much better my life would be......wow.....

Reply #136302 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If jules' surname begins with F, that would explain everything.

Reply #136306 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

isaac..i dont get ur post.....im pretty sure theres at least 3 last names in the world that start with F..

but seriously..i dont get it..please explain

Reply #136307 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Cannot comment on how better your life would be, sorry...

I am a bit confused as to what you are saying though...
On one post you say that you are sick of everyone bagging Willie so much, however in other posts you rag on Copeland and Nash..

So which one is it, are you the kettle, or the pot? and what colour?

Everyone has opinions, some people think they are correct, others think they are wrong..
Farley gave us a title, and plenty of highlights, however in my opinion, whilst his offensive game was good, his defense stunk this year, whether that be one on one, or help "D". Personally this tarnished my view of him a bit, but I am thankful for what he did bring, the games that he showed up.

Now whilst Copeland shot too much last year IMO, what he did bring-being heart and passion (for a team that he has never had anything to do with before!) far outweighed the poor shot selection and percentage.

Basically, we should get over it, he is gone and wont be back this year, we have recruited well, maybe Chappell will be your new favourite...

Reply #136308 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

im sure he will be my favourite

also - i am talking about farley being bagged and that maybe theres more deserving players on the team for the baggings...what does this to do with a kettle and a pot? and colour?...huh..

and the passion...come on...passion...come on...........farley bought more passion than anyone (until the last few games) but even then..the fist pumping, the crowd involvement..his celebrations...farley had that..come on...

AND U WOULDNT TRADE UR LIFE FOR FARLEYS? or at least look like him...he is a one sexy african american who is a stud at basketball...id do it in a second

Reply #136311 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

No thanks, happy with what I got. I am happy being a white run of the mill average ball player...I don't go wishing that I was someone else.

Farley only brought passion when Farley wanted to, I don't really want to get into a slanging match, especially as you are looking through Farley coloured glasses, but last season was a display of selfish basketball. Like I said, I am thankful for the other seasons, but last year was a let down with Willie.

PS the pot and kettle comment was re you saying not to have a go at a player but then in the next breath having a go at a player.

get it?
Pot calling the kettle black!

Reply #136321 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just making a guess as to who you are and your reaction doesn't push me away from thinking I know. Anyway, not a big deal.

Reply #136331 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

haha - chill DB...i was being very tongue in cheek...thats not serious...coloured glasses...hmm..i get the pot and kettle mate that was just me being an idiot...and isaac...i am 100% sure u have no clue who i am..i dont even have a clue who u are

Reply #136366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isaac- who do u think jules is?????????

Reply #136375 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

A fan of Willie Farley?

Reply #136378 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

isaac..u said u know who i am..or have an idea

'just making a guess as to who you are and your reaction doesn't push me away from thinking I know.'

Reply #136381 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I was making a guess. If your surname begins with F, I might be right. Otherwise, I'm probably wrong. Never mind, not a big deal.

Reply #136383 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

yes but the anonymous person asked u who u thought i was...and i am also interested to know...u could be on the right track.......

Reply #136384 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ask your brother if I would be able to guess who you are.

Reply #136388 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

i asked him, he said you wouldn't...

Reply #136389 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well, if your surname begins with F, you have a brother, and you are a big fan of Farley, that kinda narrows it down a tiny bit.

Have either you or your brother met me in person?

Of course, if it doesn't begin with F, who knows.

Reply #136395 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

yeah it doesnt begin with F...u have absolutely no idea who i am...ive never met u and have little clue about u..i know u only as isaac the forum guy

Reply #136396 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Well, if you ever want to meet Willie Farley's other fan, let me know and I'll put you in touch.

Just kidding! (I've never met him personally, but I always enjoyed watching Willie play and he seemed like a decent, family-oriented guy which isn't always true of imports here for fun and games.)

Reply #136400 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac
"No one's saying that his father wasn't dying or that he didn't have some good games. Just that he wasn't working with the team and was let go because of it."

Most of the team was not working with each other and were also let go. Doesn't that confirm my comments about Farley's performance being affected by the team around him?

Reply #136435 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wheeler: injured most of the season.
Timmons: brought in late to fill a gap in the roster.
Nash: simply not performing at that level.

Maher, Ng, Sutton, Cooper, Copeland - all retained.

Farley and Majstrovich, let go.

Remember the stories about Farley possibly getting the axe? Things weren't working out.

Would you say that many other players' performances were impacted by the team? I wouldn't really say so, certainly not to the extent that so many people shared a common criticism.

Reply #136465 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Horvath?

Reply #136595 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Foul prone, poor defender, one dimensional. Not a priority to retain it seems. Never heard that he was an issue within the team though.

Reply #136622 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

See I didnt think Horvath was all that bad.
Every game I went to he would score 8-10 points in the first quarter, firing at almost 100% with the fakes in the post then that baby hook around the body.

Fairly predicable but an unblockable shot. Then for the next 3 quarters did not have anything run through him, I think he was not used anywhere as much as he should have been, I would have much rather seen passes into the post get cut off or horvath being regected 3-5 feet from the basket than see Willie drive left then fade and miss a shot from just inside the 3 15 times a game.

Am I the only one who thinks this? He's a big guy, if the guards don't give him the ball its pretty had to expect him to be productive....

Reply #136765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is there anyway that i would be able to contact willie farley?

Reply #137757 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Jules

You obviously are wearing rose coloured glasses, either that or you weren't watching the same NBL season the rest of us were.
Farley had a few outstanding seasons with the 36ers however this year (his last) he on a number of occasions just had no interest in the game, not just in the last few when he had family issues.
I was at game four in Brisbane and a number of people up here commented that he had lost that 'Strut'. In that game (as in game 1 in Singapore) he just seemed dis-interested.
Admittedly, when he fires he is an extremely exciting player and attracts fans but when he drops his head and sulks he does nothing for his reputation.

Reply #137765 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:28 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754