Isaac
Years ago

Kobe says go West, or trade me

LA Laker Kobe Bryant has told ESPN that he wants Jerry West back at the Lakers and with full authority.

If the Lakers don't want to do that, Bryant said he wants to be traded.
West was at the Lakers to oversee some of their past success but has been with Memphis for the last five years; he comes out of contract at the end of the current financial year.

There's a bit more on the ESPN site.

Meanwhile, Caron Butler has joined a surprise birthday party unannounced. He was invited to a surprise party but never RSVPed. Showed up on the night to watch the finals with some kid and his friends.

Topic #11620 | Report this topic

DICKO  
Years ago

I'm going to send a birthday party invitation to my hero and long time role model Shane Heal.

I have been watching him play since I was a kid, and he's such an inspiring person. He's an Australian legend.

Reply #135775 | Report this post

like he'd go to your party

Reply #135780 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I wonder if The Lakers would actually consider saying
"well stuff you Kobe - we are getting sick of your attitude"
and shop him around?

Surely if this is the way he feels he could talk to Dr Buss about it in private rather than make it another public winge!

Reply #135783 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Yeh trade kobe, good idea. Doom yourself to three years of lottery picks. Sounds like a great idea Statman. Kobe for Garnett would be interesting...is that possible?

Reply #135796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West will be signed again by the lakers i doubt they would trade kobe unless they managed 2 get 2 superstars for kobe which wont happen so KOBE is stayin

Reply #135801 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Dr Bullshit - I dont think I said it was a good idea - rather I was asking a hypothetical question. Which you have then answered saying it was a crap idea and would doom them to 3 years of lottery pics but then immediately said a trade for KG would be interesting? Make up your mind! ;)

Reply #135807 | Report this post

Tbom  
Years ago

What the hell does Shane Heal have to do with this article? That's absurd!

Reply #135821 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dicko wants to spend time with him in a basement.

Reply #135825 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Kobe has a 'no trade' clause in his contract for the next two seasons. Only he can waive it so unless he goes to a team with an established superstar or several very very good players then Kobe is staying with the the Lakers.

I can't see Kobe agreeing to a straight swap trade unless he is playing on a contender. Why goto the Wolves in exchange for KG when his situation isn't improved. He should stay in LA, at least he's in a major market with endorsement opportunities.

Maybe Kobe for Amare and Barbosa as the Suns are rumoured to be interested in shopping him due to conflicts within the team.

Lakers rebuild with Bynum, Amare and Barbosa whilst Kobe gets his wish to play with a elite contending team.

Reply #135826 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Yeah, Raja Bell and Kobe on the same team would be fun, wouldn't it?

Reply #135829 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

What a stupid thing to say in public. That is the kind of thingh you should say to the GM in private.

I don't think they have done a THAT bad job at recruiting anyway. I mean after shaq being traded for 50 cents in the dollar its always going to take a couple of years to build back up. And they did great with Bynum, the only other problems they have had have been injuries. Would have gone deeper in the playoffs with a full team.

Reply #135830 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

TR - not gonna happen...trade amare? the former r.o.y...the only real low post threat in ur team...the future of the dynasty and an absolute monster who can jump out of the building? marion for kobe mainly...but a- the suns dont need kobe...(extra-specially if its for amare) and b- u said they are thinking about trading him because of conflict in the team? really...coz i dont see it on the court...it hasnt been documented off the court...and im pretty sure theres not another arena that boos kobe more than phoenix's...on top of that raja bell tried to kill him once and called him an arrogant prick...not to mention the heated playoff battles they've had where kobe has heated words for pretty much all of them and vice-versa

Reply #135864 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Jules, it's been said that D'Antoni gets fed up with Amare at times due to him having somewhat of a 'me first' attitude. And him and Marion both being on the same team at times causes a fight for Alpha Dog status, as happened at the start of this season.

Reply #135896 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

so lets bring in kobe - nobody on the suns has any problems with him..........

Reply #135910 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

add Nash and Marion to the trio that get fed up with Amare.

Amare also skipped out on the end of season review.

Here is a quote from Mark Heisler from the LA Times.

As if to confirm speculation that Stoudemire has worn out his welcome and will be shopped, he blew off the Suns' breakup meeting. "Last year at the end everybody was crying," said Coach Mike D'Antoni. "This year it was like, 'daggone,' but it wasn't the same heartfelt stuff that a team should produce." & Then there was Nash after Stoudemire struggled in Game 3 against the Spurs: "I can't really go to the playpen and tell everyone how they're supposed to behave."

Another quote from the Chicago Trib

"The Suns wanted to get together to commiserate following their controversial playoff loss to the Spurs, and Amare Stoudemire missed the Saturday meeting. Coach Mike D'Antoni dismissed his absence with a joke, but D'Antoni and star point guard Steve Nash concede the Suns have chemistry issues. In addition, managing partner Robert Sarver soon will take complete control of the franchise from Jerry Colangelo, and D'Antoni knows Sarver is concerned about being in luxury tax territory. "We have to be careful tinkering with this too much," D'Antoni told Phoenix reporters. "You can get an All-Star out of the draft. I don't want to think we've got to go crazy." With Stoudemire averaging about $15 million for the next four years, the Suns would strongly consider making a move to ease the financial burden and maybe the locker-room tension.""

Link

Sorry, whilst I rate Trix and would like to see him on my Cats roster, he's won't get you Kobe.

Oh, here's another story about chemistry problems in the Valley of the Sun.

Reply #135920 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From ESPN:

Kobe Bryant definitely would like Jerry West back with the Lakers, but the star guard denied an ESPN report that he'd welcome a trade from the team if the Lakers aren't willing to make that happen.

"I'm not demanding anything," Bryant told the Riverside Press-Enterprise on Sunday night. "I'm not making any threats. I didn't say that. Those words didn't come out of my mouth about a trade. I'm just making a suggestion. I think Jerry West is one of the greatest to ever do this thing. It's undeniably so."

Reply #135946 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

so lets bring in kobe - nobody on the suns has any problems with him..........

Reply #136032 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:09 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754