BIG baller
Years ago

whats wrong with playing up an age group

if a player is needed of is good enough why aren't they allowed to play up and age group and play for their own age group.
like all codes of football i played rugby for years and i played 16's 18's 20's and C grade mens all in the same day. One reason was the club was short on players and the other reason was i couldnt get enough. i then would do the same on sunday with league so why doesnt basketball allow this to happen

Topic #11624 | Report this topic

lockstock  
Years ago

I thought you could do it in basketball.....

Reply #135822 | Report this post

fuddle puck  
Years ago

Nothing wrong with it; go for it champ! Be all you can be & a little bit more, sugar!

Reply #135838 | Report this post

BIG baller  
Years ago

so if your an U16 you can play 18's and 20 in the same weekend???

Reply #135898 | Report this post

what the???  
Years ago

You can play in any grade, but only in 1 grade per weekend.

Reply #135925 | Report this post

BIG baller  
Years ago

thats what i thought which is why i asked the original question

Reply #135932 | Report this post

ahh wildcats!  
Years ago

You said
"why aren't they allowed to play up and age group"

Nice spelling btw -
Umm.. but you are allowed to play up an age group..

Reply #136005 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Why cant you play more than 1 game though. I mean it makes no sense if a team has 4 players and u dont allow a younger player to play. Why not have a fair game instead of a joke. I dont think a player should play 2 games if the team above is full...otherwise they are denying regular players game time, which shouldn't happen.

Reply #136022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if the team needs a player and the player is willing to play i dont see a problem with them playing more than one age group in one weekend. you can in other sports i really dont see where the problem is as long as kids arent play under thier age

Reply #136069 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you can do it in the NBA and D-League...

Reply #136075 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Representative games are a different story to your local league games. If they allowed this then that player playing up a grade will be taking a spot off a kid the right age. I can't see it benefiting anyone at the Rep level. There are some younger age players playing in the 16 Division 1 etc Instead of in the 16 Division 3, playing up a team in an age group happens at a lot of clubs. I think the system at this level is working and should stay as it is. The work needs to be done after the under 18's. There should be more development of the Youth League, keeping players at this age and playing them up if there good enough to gain vital experience.

Reply #136117 | Report this post

BIG baller  
Years ago

this kid will only take another kids spot if he/ she is better that them you want the best team on the court at and if thet means a younger kid comes in because someone isnt performing then so be it the others need to work harder to make sure this doesnt happen.

but im talking more in situations like the 20's are short and the 18's just played. so one of the 18's steps in and plays but as it stands at the moment he cant

if you have to work hard for your spot every week that makes you a better player in the end.
and if someone does take your spot and you dont work your arse off to get it back then you dont have what it take anyway.

Reply #136319 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:47 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754