Isaac
Years ago

Blaze sign Joyce and Demos

As has been rumoured practically since the Blaze emerged, Daniel Joyce and Tyson Demos will be joining the new Gold Coast side this NBL season.

The NBL have a bit more info about Demos.

At just 18 years of age Demos has reached 192cm and performs brilliantly as a guard that can catch and shoot the three and is a valuable asset as a defender. Tyson was also in the Top 10 in three-point shooting at the 2006 Australian junior championships and played a huge role in the gold medal winning game.
Full story on NBL.com.au

Topic #11628 | Report this topic

KC- gone  
Years ago

Great stuff to see

Reply #135832 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Yeah the nephew's doing drinks and Aunty Ethel is on the scorebench!

Reply #135841 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I have seen Daniel Joyce play twice and I am going to go on record right now and say that I think he is the worst player in the NBL.

Nothing like nepotism

Had to get that off my chest

Reply #135842 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

i think you are being a bit tough there SVD, give the kid a chance

Reply #135844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give Daniel Joyce a chance.. he should improve because his dad will give him 40+ minutes a game!

Reply #135847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Joyce is one of the worst..

I'd even be desperate enough to take Mark Nash or Copeland over him!

Reply #135848 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

Write up in the Movers and Shakers article about Joyce on the NBL Page, should state some real stats not questions re the of right and wrongs.

Rather than knocking the Hawks fans for getting upset- bit unwarranted, state some real stats .

Time to develop is always the factor for rookie players, but <10 mins would be just fine.

Still wish Dan and Tyson all the best, and hope they play well and get some quality rookie court time.

Reply #135853 | Report this post

stingray  
Years ago

Daniel Joyce can play, give him some time- don't think of him as the coaches son.
Give him the opportunity to play as himself, after this season he will be aplayer or an aba guy.

Reply #135875 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

C Melmeth/Frank
F Pero/???
F Hawkins/McGregor
G Harvey/Demos
G Import/Joice

Reply #135929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Joyce can play, give him some time- don't think of him as the coaches son.
Give him the opportunity to play as himself, after this season he will be aplayer or an aba guy.

Stinray, he had the opportunity to to play as himself for most of last year and could have signed up with a number of teams this year if good enough. Aba guy for me!!!

Reply #135940 | Report this post

Pasadena 99  
Years ago

Wow, I did not see this signing coming!

Reply #135980 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

What is he 60kgs wringing wet.. He literally is a boy playing a mans game. I hope he steps up for his sake but he's 2 years and 20kgs off been a NBL player.

Reply #136239 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

Joyce is a very bad player..honestly he was only gettin minutes at the hawks because of his dad and his coaching role. But we have 2 give the young kid some respect-he is only young but i feel at this time he is well off the pace..mayb a few years will get him ready

Reply #140850 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:57 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754