Isaac
Years ago

Funny 2007/08 36ers membership packages

The 2007/08 36ers members tickets have been released and, as usual, there are some bargains. (No, they aren't telling me to say this - I just think they're great deals.)

Hit the 36ers site and then find your way to the Members Tickets page.

First up, kids tickets. $60 for an U14, silver membership, for the entire season. As I said in another thread, that's a good present and works out at $4/game - what do they charge adults to spectate social these days?! Another $1-2/game and you're in gold membership seats.

Then there's a deal for juniors registered for district basketball. Get a parent to buy an adult ticket, and if you're a registered district player, you get yours for free. Oh, and your club gets a single game ticket to a TBA game (could be used as a prize or reward for volunteer, etc).

But the family deals have to take the cake again. Two adult gold memberships come to $640. Just $35 extra buys you a family pass - take along two U14s for about $1/game. Even if you don't have kids, grab that one and take along friends, cousins, nephews/nieces, kids off the street.

Too cheap to pay that $35? Go with the silver family deal - two adults comes to $560 - a family ticket is just $10 more at $570. That's 30 cents per seat per game for those two extra childrens seats. I'd hate to advocate something that might leave empty seats, but hell, get it for the extra leg room!

Adelaide36ers.com

Topic #11644 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Love the Advertisment on the sixers home page Isaac. Looks Great!!

Reply #136147 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

'll buy the extra children's seats in front of mine to guarantee no ones big head in the way of my view.

Reply #136150 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Gotta say good work to Mal. Very good value and if properly marketed should go a long way towards filling the Dome.

Reply #136200 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

Sounds like a bargain alright.

After the garbage year the 36rs served up to the fans they deserve something in return.. Good Luck

Reply #136242 | Report this post

sixersfan  
Years ago

Yep sounds like some great incentives to get kids to games, which i definately think is what we need for the future of the game.

BUT...I'd still have to say it is a bit pricey for those that don't have kids or know kids interested in going. I go with my parents and I'm def not eligible for a child's ticket. $640 for two gold memberships is about $21 a game presuming we get 15 home games (correct me if I'm wrong Isaac!).

I don't think $20 a game is too much but you have to attend EVERY game for that to be worthwhile. I've been going to games since the dome opened and hate missing them but inevitebly I will always miss a couple each year, especially the NYE game.

I would have to seriously consider if it is cost-effective to buy season tickets or if its cheaper just to buy tickets to every game I want to attend.

Isaac, how much are the single game tickets for adults in the gold section?

Reply #136277 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think single game ticket prices have been announced.

Silver tickets are $18.70 spread over a season. One game less this season, but the membership includes a 36ers t-shirt.

I think the Chappell signing could have convinced a few people to sign up. There might be a few more coming on board if Newley goes undrafted?

Also, remember that there are likely to be some upgrades to the Dome this off-season - makes it a better deal over last season for sure.

Reply #136283 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

And to help you out 'sixersfan' no NYE game for you to miss this season either ;-)

Reply #136287 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Looks like great value indeed!

and compared to Blaze tickets.....and awesome deal :)

Reply #136296 | Report this post

sixersfan  
Years ago

Cheers DJ! Now I can focus on drinking on NYE!!

Thanks Isaac. Also really hope we can get some great entertainment at half-time etc. Just remembering the days when they had a group at half time that would launch themselves off trampolines and do crazy dunks!

Chappel signing fills a BIG gap and presuming Newley stays we have a top 4 contender in my opinion. Doubted the Davidson signing also but when I thought about it a bit more it really adds a team player who is all about spirit, the sort of players we had in the '02 championship.

Don't wanna get too far ahead of myself like I did last year, but its shaping up as a good roster. Hopefully we'll see the sell-out sign appear once or twice this year.

Reply #136310 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

You really have to hand it to Mal and the Sixers. They will/given given the Sixers a new look, signed some great players including the most sought after free agent in the country, upgraded the dome and put tickets on sale for bargain prices. I'm expecting big crowds at the Dome, especially if Newley goes undrafted.

Reply #136368 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yes, good job Mal.

Reply #136369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What upgrades have happened in the offseason to the dome? As far as I know the only thing is to redo the court surface and buy some decent backboards

Reply #136371 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:55 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754