BIG baller
Years ago

Barossa Carnival

$280 bucks and 3 games 5 if you make the GF is it worth it anymore

Topic #11650 | Report this topic

Corey  
Years ago

That is poor - When I was playing up there about 10 years ago, we were playing around 5-6 games before finals - Won't be surprised if this doesn't last

Reply #136328 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

Put $20 bucks on Ian Perrie first goal of the crows game.

most weeks $14 = $280 payout

have a nice weekend.

Reply #136335 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

i guess u are talking about the senior carnival..... where else can u crack the scab off of one before the final siren has gone ready to play your next game in 4 hours time

Reply #136343 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

How do you know how many games are going to be played? Is there a fixture on the net somewhere?

Reply #136344 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

yeh it sucks, my team, Tar Heels, have been going for 5 years, and this will probably be our last. we were gonna go elsewhere this year, until they said its a big carnival for 10th anniversary. but alas, we are still stuck with only 3 games WTF?

Reply #136357 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

$280 / 3 = $93.33 per team per game

$93.33 / 7 players = $13.33 per game.

I guess after the amount of alcohol, motel and food it could be quite expensive. If it was about 5 games that would be much better.

Reply #136416 | Report this post

BIG baller  
Years ago

Its gotta be one of the best drinking carnivals around. Its just a shame that most people wont bother putting in a teamunless told they will play 5 games.

the draw is here

http://www.barossa.basketball.net.au/fs_competitions.asp

Reply #136438 | Report this post

AirDraino  
Years ago

Yes the barossa carny is becoming a rip off....where can we play elsehwere ?????????....Coopz ill be seein u on the court

Peace

Reply #136441 | Report this post

JFL  
Years ago

West Adelaide are holding a carnival over the July holidays - that's only $200 a team. Go to their website for details:

http://www.westadelaidebearcats.basketball.net.au/fs_home.asp

Reply #136448 | Report this post

russell coight  
Years ago

gave up a long time ago on barossa. first few were ok but several years ago i understand an organizer changed and it went out the window then.

Reply #136456 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

i dont understand why
A: you only play 3 teams, when in our div, we have 8 teams? but from that, they are meant to determine who are the top 2 teams... if you win every game, you could still finish 3rd, and go home by lunch time sunday... thats not right!

or B: why no games are played after 6.30pm on saturday now, and that all games are done by 2pm-ish on sunday, what are the ref's and organisers doing for the rest of it?

surely we could all manage to more games, then it would at least make the draw fairer! play at least half your pool once each. Hell, we (al the teams)are the people providing the ref's, all they need to do is leave the stadium doors open.

what a disgrace, can we get our money back now, or are we locked in? we are spending $1500 on accomodation, cos people dont take bballers any more. expensive weekend for 3 (possibly undefeated) games! and still be sent packing!

Reply #136481 | Report this post

Jenny Crane  
Years ago

Step 1:
Cancel the tournament because it seems nobody is happy

Step 2:
Don't refund the teams. Use the money for new floors. And bloody hell, straighten up the backboard on court two!!

Reply #136531 | Report this post

Griffin  
Years ago

Just stay or get a marquee works for us!!!

Reply #136544 | Report this post

BIG baller  
Years ago

i find in funny how the pubs love us spending our money there 2 years in a row i spent over $400 over the bar and both times kicked us out for acting up HMMMMMMM! dont the bar staff have responsible persons badges?

but i think this will be the last time i go up might ring broken hill about starting theirs up again

Reply #136569 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

$280 per team, sub standard courts, over priced accommodation, not even any prize money for the winners, just wine donated from the back room of an unknown winery. Think Im gonna stay home and watch the footy this year. I'd like to see Murray Bridge carnival reincarnated. Is there still one in Mt Gambier? Up until a couple of years ago Port Pirie had one in February. Anyone know of any others in SA???

Reply #136613 | Report this post

PPDO  
Years ago

Just wait, Pirie will open up to all country this year for "Blitz" then who knows, City as well. Will also change to November this year. Just hold on and wait for awhile. Hopefully prize money will stay at $1000 per winning team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #136618 | Report this post

Matt Wens  
Years ago

cmon coopz, whats this talk of undefeated?

You cant touch the griffin boys!

Reply #136809 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

matt wens? i dont know what you're talking about? i never said we were, or will be undefeated...

in fact we are takin a sub standard teams to all previous years, and will be lucky if we win a game. going mainly to keep the tradition alive and have fun with mates.

don't know who the griffin boys are, but i take you word for it, they'll probably beat us...

i'm merely saying there is a very slim chance that 3 teams can tie on 3 wins 0 losses, and the third place team could be sent packing, not fair!

Reply #137013 | Report this post

BIG baller  
Years ago

i rang comps all raound aust trying to find a carni to go to but got no help really apart from classics and not really willing to pay a shit load of money to get smashed in classics if any one knows of any senior canis hook us up

Reply #137109 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:09 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754