Rain
Years ago

Best route to NBL

Just wondering what people think the best route to the NBL is... Obviously AIS would have the highest success rate. But then there is the question of trying to stand out in ABA and get lucky, or perhaps play a couple years (or even 4) in the college system and then try and make a squad when you return to Australia. I'm sure this question is on many young kids minds!

Also,
Comparing the NBL to the other leagues in the world.. Do you think it is reasonably easy to make a team? And be successfull?

Topic #11677 | Report this topic

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Play for sturt.

Reply #136662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sit at the right hand of your own local "god".

Reply #136663 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Sturty6ers

Reply #136669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Classic. Bag the club that has produced some of the best players in the state and nation. Damn you sturt for doing this!

Reply #136682 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

not bagging them. Lloyd was just stating that facts. Shall we name them over the last few years:

Oscar
Dodman
M Ng
D Ng
Gower
Bauer

Now I can name at least 2 on that list who had no right to be there. and I can name players who have actually gone to Sturt to bolster there chances of making the Sixers.

It's a fact

Reply #136689 | Report this post

TP  
Years ago

Matt Illman springs to mind.

Reply #136708 | Report this post

HoopDreamin  
Years ago

Jacob Holmes, Leigh Carlson, Jason Williams, Brad Hill

Reply #136712 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Ahhhhh. Ignorance is a wonderful thing.
You don't have to worry about truth or common sense to have an opinion.

Reply #136717 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Justin Wilkey anyone?

It's a well known rumour (insert fact) that with Ninnis at the helm, any player with NBL aspirations would have given themself the best possible chance playing for Sturt.

Reply #136727 | Report this post

Mr. Big Shot#1  
Years ago

Explain to me then after a season with the sixers, Darren left Woodville to Sturt. Obviously something happen through the sixers, with maybe Paul Bauer?? I dunno just seems a bit weird that after a year with sixers he left. Although i must add the year he left, Woodville won the Championship!!. Cameron Wilson imo deserved to be a sixer. I dont mean now but back a few years.

Reply #136728 | Report this post

Mr. Big Shot#1  
Years ago

Also as much as i rate Marcus Ng he was never going to be with the sixers if he stayed at Woodville.
Other examples are when you have 6-8 state players in the team from Sturt, only half of them desereved to be in the team.

Reply #136729 | Report this post

False  
Years ago

Blue, Justin made the 36ers whilst at Centrals. I'm pretty sure, for whatever reason, he left the 6ers whilst at Sturt.

Reply #136734 | Report this post

nugget  
Years ago

I'm sure paul bauer had such a great relationship with the coaching staff he could select their team! And cam wilson, that's very funny. As mentioned why let common sense get in the way of a good argument.

Reply #136744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

False - I am pretty sure that Justin Wilkey did not leave the 6'ers. I don't think he was asked to come back after his first season.

Reply #136769 | Report this post

Rain  
Years ago

Any talk on the original subject?

Reply #136812 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Stingray

You rang?

Reply #137156 | Report this post

Max  
Years ago

i no a very simple way...play in the NZNBL which is easy to make and play in but yet still competetive and then have a good solid year and im sure ANBL coaches will come looking for you...But the easiet way is to go to the AIS or college

Reply #140715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best route for NBL?

Bus 115 or 118 from Currie St, get off on Crittenden Rd

Reply #140727 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:26 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754