Kent Brockman
Years ago

Pistons Cavs spoilers

Mc Dyess ejected for hit
http://www.nba.com/nba_news/mcdyess_ejected.html

Topic #11680 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

a lay up by Lebron, a 3 by Billups, than a dunk with 9 seconds to go by Lebron set it up for a tight finish...
Mr Big Shot bricks a 3, and we are heading for overtime!!

Reply #136670 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Tied at 96-96 in OT with 1:25 to go.

Reply #136674 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Lebron is like a God he can't be looked at without a foul being called.

Reply #136676 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Go Cavs.

Reply #136677 | Report this post

sixersfan  
Years ago

Lebron with 39!!!!! just put them up 100-96. In my opinion would be great for the game if King James and the Cavs make the finals and hopefully win it...and I'm a Bucks fan!

Listening to Audio League Pass on NBA.com, free during playoffs

Reply #136678 | Report this post

sixersfan  
Years ago

Bizzy, are you watching it over the net? Witch link are you using if you are??

Reply #136679 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Just using a channel on sopcast - WM something.

Reply #136680 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Double OT, Chauncey is CLUTCH.

Reply #136681 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Lebron misses a jumper, Billups hits 2 x free throws

Double overtime!!!

Reply #136683 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

You would be having visions of last year's playoffs at the moment wouldn't you Bizz??

Reply #136684 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

LeBron has scored the last 20 Cleveland points! Scores level with 1.40 to play.

Reply #136685 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

sixers fan http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/gamecast?gameId=270531008

Reply #136686 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

ESPN has Ilgauskas with 7 fouls..
WTF??

Reply #136690 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Odd to read Simmons article this morning and then BronBron to have a game like this

If they win will go down as one of the all time great playoff performances

Reply #136691 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

All over, Lebron hits a game winner, Billups misses another...

What a game...

Lebron 48pts 9 reb 7 ast

Reply #136692 | Report this post

sixersfan  
Years ago

I cannot believe what I just saw...Lebron scored the last 25 points for the Cavs. Got sopcast to work with Asian commentators so didn't know what was going on with the Verajou turnover? Surely a foul.

Lebron's 3 to tie the game will go down in history along with his game winning drive. UNREAL to see a guy literally carry a team off his own back. I think they said he had 29 of the last 30 Cavs points. He is a freak.

Reply #136693 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Glad Bron didn't hit 50 though. Would have put him in with elite company, and he doesn't deserve it.

Reply #136694 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Why doesn't he deserve it Bizzy?

Reply #136696 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Not yet, he has no faith in his team, the only reason he scored the last 29 was cos no-one else took a shot.

IMO he needs to show faith in his team no matter who they are going down the stretch.

Reply #136697 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

He did in game 1!!!!

And then he was not assertive enough and passed too much....

Reply #136698 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

The making of a great player is when they do whatever they had to to win...

Lebron just did that methinks...

Reply #136699 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

When Bron can carry an old ass team like Wade (and I hate wade) did last season, then he can become elite.

Reply #136700 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

Spurs will bottle lebron up with alot better D than Detroit have.

What's he going to do then ????

Reply #136701 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Sook probably, and just mope around on court.

Reply #136702 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Bizzy Said:
"When Bron can carry an old ass team like Wade (and I hate wade) did last season, then he can become elite"

Isnt that what he just did? (forgetting the old ass statement)

Reply #136703 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

LeBron just carried a really average team that got crappier as the game wore on past a defensive powerhouse. Bizzy, you're a bitter whiner! ;)

PS, Mahatma is writing off your Pistons before they're done. Fight!

Reply #136704 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

C'mon Bizzy - you are crazy man (I mean that in the nicest possible way)

2 extra points does not make you an elite player - look at his team man - he doesn't trust them coz they are no good. The sooner they bench Hughes and play Gibson the better.

If he was not on that team they would have been battling Memphis and Boston for lottery balls.

Today, Bron has done what everyone expects of him - he is finally living up to the potential that everyone knew he had, not only as a scorer but as the teams leader.

He scored 25 points in a row in a must win game and 29 of the last 30 ... name one player that has come even close to that ever. Jordan scored 19 in a row v the Suns in 93 - he is the only one I can think of.

Reply #136705 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Stats for the last 16mins 30sec:
Bron : 11/14 from field, 2/2 3s, 5/9 frees ..
rest of team: 0/9 field (0/5 in second OT), 1/2 free throws ...

Bizzy, methinks if your shooting is on like that, and your team mates aren't hitting - it's a smart idea to keep shooting ...

Reply #136706 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

Going back to Cleveland I can't see Detroit getting through.

They let the wrong Wallace go

Reply #136707 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

This happened last year, Detroit 2 nil up, Cavs won the next 3, then Detroit closed the series out.

Not over yet..

By the way, I think MJ had about 25 in a row against the Hawks...when they were a decent side.

Reply #136710 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Alright I admit it, I'm just a bron hater, simple as that. Guy is to arrogant. But I guess it's just a requirement in the NBA these days.

Reply #136713 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Disagree, Pistons will win the next two games.

Reply #136714 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

I think Detroit are tiring. They rely on Billups, Wallace, RIP and Prince to play almost a whole game every game. The Cavs rotate everyone thru a bit more and have only Lebron playing the big minutes. It makes a difference on D. Even LBJ had 8 mins break today. Pistons had 3 guys play more minutes than Lebron - that must be a concern.

Reply #136715 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think you will find that Bron played 50 minutes and the only person to play more was Chauncey.

Reply #136716 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

Ok Then:
LBJ: 50 min

Chauncey: 53
Prince: 50
RIP: 49
Wallace: 46

Losing McDyess obviously hurt a bit but they do rely on major minutes from their 1, 2 and 3 men. Given that they also provide a lot of scoring for the Pistons I think that going against fresher defenders could be starting to be an issue. Having said that they came back fromthis exact same position last year against the Cavs with similar rotations. Time will tell. I hope the Cavs win so we see a different look for the finals and see how Lebron will go physically against another tough, physical defensive unit in the Spurs

Reply #136719 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

By the way - the Spurs must love being able to sit back and watch their two potential finals opponents beat each other up in 2OT.

Reply #136721 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Agree with that Run TMC.

Bizzy, I think you are right about the NBA arrogance requirement there...

Reply #136730 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Jeez you talk some shit sometimes Bizzy!!!

Reply #136748 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

bizzy is an idiot

Reply #136767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i hope clevland win, just so san antonio can silence the critics once again... lebron might score a lot of points but there is no way lebron can beat the spurs

Reply #136771 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

If the Cavs get through who do you see guarding LeBron in the finals? I would have thought that Bowen was too small, although his listed height is only 1 inch less than LeBron's.

I guess the main difference in the defences is that he's got Duncan waiting for him inside against the Spurs, but if Z can pop out then he'll either draw Timmy out with him or be open all night for his bread and butter mid range jumpers.

Reply #136778 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Duncan will guard Gooden or the other Power Foward. Orberto will guard Z, Bown on Lebron. But you have to ask the question.

Whos going to Guard. Parker, Finley, Duncan, Ginobili?

Reply #136782 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Thanks Billo and jules, much appreciated.

Reply #136810 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bowen will guard Lebron, and take him out with a knee to the groin along with other underhand cheapshots.....

I'd love to see someone pick up Bowen and skull drive him into the floor.

Hughes or Snow will take Parker, Lebron will match up with Manu on the Cavs defence.

Who is going to guard Marshall from the Cavs??? He is a huge 3 point threat at the PF and can you really see Duncan moving out to guard him???? Duncan does rotate out to him then it opens the lane for Lebron, Hughes and Pav.

I also think that this will be the first time in the playoffs that the Spurs have gone up against a big bodied centre in Big Z. The bloke to 7'3" and 260 pounds and I don't think Oberto will be able to hold him in the block.

Lebron is going to have to average a near triple double with around 30ppg to win against the Spurs, but lets wait until they officially knockout the Pistons before speculating as at the moment it's all irrelevant.

Reply #136816 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

it wasn't a compliment bizzy

Reply #136817 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:35 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754