The1
Years ago

Schueller - Good coach or loaded team?

Is he a good coach or just a guy with a loaded team?

Thoughts?

Topic #11691 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i am pretty sure he knows what he is doing!

yeah his aba team has a great lineup but before justin was aba coach
he was a junior coach so he developed these players
cept for Dusty of course

look at his 18's team
Murhpey and Lycett are state
he knows his basketball
he owns his own BASKETBALL BUSINESS

Reply #136830 | Report this post

Justins Keeper  
Years ago

I reckon he's a good coach. He has won at every level he has coached at and develops his guys. There isnt a more devoted guy in SA!

Reply #136832 | Report this post

North  
Years ago

I like the system they play this year, far better than recent years at North.
I think he is a young coach with a bright future, and as always poor annon posts will ruin this thread.
The guy puts in a lot of time to Scouting, individuals and preperation of his group, plus has done well in recruiting key plays, so if you were going to judge good coaching on that side of things he does very well.
Only time will tell if he becomes great at it or not, its far to early to judge, one season will never make a coach.

Reply #136836 | Report this post

Years ago

he is a very good coach and he has a very good basketball brain he would rank in the top 5 in aba and u/18s also dose alot of 1 on 1s so if you want to improve your skills give him a ring

Reply #136837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

aiit

Reply #136839 | Report this post

he is the best. everyone should sign up for bear basketball australia to improve their skills.

Reply #136846 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

My lad had him for the development camp last school holidays - and was impressed with him as a coach - yeah the kid is only 12 but said he showed him some new things and just didnt go over the same old same old. If my kid says he is a great bloke I believe him.

So for me would be disappointed if anyone bagged him on here.

Reply #136862 | Report this post

Self promotion  
Years ago

Bear basketball who?

Reply #136864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who has he developed on the current North team. They were good before he got there I think?

Reply #136886 | Report this post

Noticing  
Years ago

It depends how you interpret develop.
North had potential to be good before Schueler arrived but he has been able to bring the best out of individuals in that group, and he also has continued to develop those guys in the group, plus get them to play as a team.
He may have missed developing them in their younger years but it should be remembered that it is a young group.
Nick Hambour is a far better player under schueler and has a much better attitude than previous years.
Michael Zorich can thank him for his NBL opportunity, with schueler having contacts that gave him the chance, think he also took Zorich and Rowe up to Townsville when Stacker was still coach for experience.
He did also coach the 20's for a few years and most of them are now playing decent minutes, so think he would have had a lot of influence with individuals.
Good luck to him i say, its good to see young coaches making their mark on the league. One thing is for sure and that is North are now a real threat in the league and a much more professionally ran group than in previous years. And with Schuelers NBL contacts im sure they will be for a while to come.

Reply #136888 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

how long till u think he will make it as a nbl assistant?

Reply #136957 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

think you would have found that if Stacker had gotten the Wollongong job, Shueller would have been his assistant, so im going to say very soon.
He is young, motivated and good at what he does, so has what most coaches would want from their assistants.
I believe he works closely with Stacker and has a good relationship with Ninnis so this would only help his cause.
I think he will be the next coach out of SA to make the step up.

Reply #136962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Schueller can coach but I must say that his Cabra team is loaded.

Reply #137186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both. Loaded team & good coach. Nonetheless it is sometimes more difficult to bring together a team of talent as a TEAM. That requires a leader with the talent to work with people.
More coaches of this level across the board would raise the profile of basketball and the game that is being played.

Reply #137317 | Report this post

Hoop Dreams  
Years ago

Think last night he proved just how well he can coach, some key moves and decisions at crucial times which helped them turn it around for a solid win.

Reply #138450 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:34 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754