Is Harri Harvey a point guard
or
a shooting guard

can this kid make it porfessionaly

thoughts?

Topic #11692 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

if his head gets any bigger he won't be able to enter the stadium let alone play the game......what next the harry fan club.....

Reply #136840 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

Fan Club could be named.

HHH (Happy Harry Hardons)

Reply #136842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Harri is hot as!!!!

Reply #136887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

everyone does.. he's a man hore!

Reply #136914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he so is not a man whore!

Reply #136917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is bullshit the guy can play the game of basketball and hes a good kid stop hating and quit being jealous

Reply #136924 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

In the last 6 months he's developed a lot more mature attitude and his head seems to now be in the right place. Got a very mature attitude, can easily compete at ABA level - it's up to him whether he takes it to college or further.
As to point guard/shooting guard .. he has more to offer as a scoring point guard than as a pure shooting guard.

Reply #136934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harri , if you are out there, take it as a compliment that people are putting your name forward. They can bag and belittle you but it means they see you as a future threat to their game!

Reply #136937 | Report this post

Good Bloke  
Years ago

His bigggest weakness is his decision making I think. He often shoots when he should pass or put the ball on the floor, and also often passes it especially on the drive when laying it up is the best option. This in turn leads to him usually having a high turn over count. But he is young, the decision making will come with experience. Other than that he has all the qualities of a very good point guard... Extremely quick first step, good on both hands, good shooter when he is confident, and can guard other quick guards. His downfall in terms of making it any further than ABL, like so many before him is his height. I can't see him growing too much more, and correct me if i'm wrong but I don't think there are any players in the NBL as small as him.

He should go to college as a good college career seems to have more weight in becoming an NBL player these days than playing well at ABL does, especially if not involved at AIS. Would be good to see where he is at in 4 years...the kid possibly could make it professonally... time will tell I guess.

I will say this, he is a very level headed fella. Quiet bloke, but never says a bad word about anyone so people saying crap about him is pretty low. Sure be constuctive, but no need to bag a good bloke!

Reply #136959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

his biggest weakness is decision making?

i beg to differ, the reason he is so brilliant is how he finds his teammates and creates easy shots. I would say decision making is one of his strengths

Reply #136975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hes a 17 year old kid...somebody block this forum

Reply #137065 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ABL-level players are open to discussion. Just keep it fair - I'm not aware of anything this guy has done at ABL level that would warrant criticism.

Reply #137071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is 18!

Reply #137078 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

Who does he play for and is he going to be good enough to play NBL (oe Europe/ NBA)

Reply #137106 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

He is no longer ABL. Chose to sit out the rest of this season to focus on study.

Reply #137118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

harvey is not the superstar ppl make him out to be, did ne1 see nationals or classics? the team played so much better without him

Harvey Pros and Cons
Pros
Super quick
terrific first step
Streaky Shooter

Cons
Decision Making
turnover prone
Forces shots
Doesn't get enough assists for a PG
No Defence

i could go into more detail but oh well

Reply #137181 | Report this post

pasadena53  
Years ago

harri harvey would have to be one of the best guards in his age group. i think people need to stop bagging his game and just let the kid play.

and as for harri as a person. he is wonderful. im good friends with him and what you people say is definately not true so you obviously dont know him.

stop bagging him for the way he plays just because he's got more game than you

Reply #137200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw him play at marist schools tournament in april....he dropped 31 in the final against Sam allen who was in year 12 and had been mvp of the tournament since year 9. Harri got mvp this year..

Reply #138229 | Report this post

tim  
Years ago

Quote - "did ne1 see nationals or classics? the team played so much better without him"

Under 20 nationals this year Harri was 2nd in assists out of everyone from all teams, and 5th in steals.

Pretty sure his assisting and defence are fine buddy.

Though i will concede that he may turn it over too much (1st in T/0), but man he can play

Reply #204129 | Report this post

Foxy Babe  
Years ago

But he isn't as good as the guards from the age group below, he got spanked when the U20 State team got beaten by the U18 State team.

Reply #204135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harry scored 18 points in the game against the u18 state team this year. and at u20 nationls avraged 17ppg (at 50%) 4 assists 4 rebs

Reply #215086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

alright so you all need to look at this seriously, harri harvey is one of the greatest guards for his age going around. and who cares if he turns is over a bit, he makes opportunities for everyone to score. and just because he has more game than you, stop bagging yooooooo

Reply #270673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

man ive played on him and his nothing special at all. His to small to go any further just like the scout report said.

Reply #278116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahaha the last comment. Boom

Reply #699355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who

Reply #699359 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:48 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754