e3
Years ago

CAVS VS SPURS

cavs vs spurs 2007 nba finals who woulda guessed

i had my money on a Suns vs miami

Thoughts on who thought these two woulda been in the finals?

and

Thoughts on whos gonna win

i said who i thought was gonna be in the finals

and i think Cavs can do it but have a hard run if Bruce Bowen Injuries LeBron in the first game Spurs will win
but come on cavs!!!

Topic #11702 | Report this topic

blah blah blah  
Years ago

would be great to see cavs do well.

spurs too many guns that know how to deliver.

still good to see some new blood up there

Reply #136945 | Report this post

It all depends on who david stern wants to win. you'd have to think spurs, but with the way lebron is playing at the moment who can tell. if the rest of the cavs have a good series (mainly the shooters, Gibson, donyell, damon) i see the cavs winning in 6 or 7. I guess it all comes down to how Timmy d plays.

Reply #136968 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would anyone have seriously been considering the Cavs a chance before the post-season began?

Reply #136980 | Report this post

Ref 23  
Years ago

Im thinking Cavs in 6 with Lebron dominating Bowen all series. Hopefully a few more dunks on Timmy D will happen

Reply #136993 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

no one from Cavs can stop Timmy D really as there only player is Bron so noone will be able to stop Parker either i say San Antonio in 6

Reply #136999 | Report this post

i was thinking detroit v cavs in the east and in the west i was thinking houston v spurs. but no, i didn't expect (or really want) cavs to get this far. But now, go cavs.

Reply #137000 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

No spoiler in the Cavs Pistons thread title, but a spoiler for that game only 2 threads later. Nice work.

Reply #137015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there is no way lebron can put up numbers like he has been against detroit on bowen. take the double OT win for example, if lebron was to put up 30 shots as he did in that game ,but with bowen guarding him , that would be handing spurs the championship. bowen is a better permimiter defender than any of the pistons, and with no one able to guard TD i think this one is all over. Spurs in 5

Reply #137030 | Report this post

stef#4  
Years ago

Lebron will score how ever the hell he wants over bowen. bowen is a good defender yes but he still cant stop lebron the whole Detroit team are good defenders and they couldnt stop him. Big Z will challenge duncan but not stop him. it will be interesting to see wat gibson does this series.
Cavs in 7

Reply #137053 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

Get your brooms out Spurs fans.

Lebron to put up good numbers but I expect Gibson to wet himself during the intro's of the first game and have no real impact.

Cleveland not enough experience yet but need more help.

Garnett ???

TAB price tells the story
SAN ANTONIO SPURS
$1.20

CLEVELAND CAVALIERS
$4.25

Reply #137088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol. no lebron wont score however he wants over bowen. Z will NOT challenge duncan (how is that even considered to be a credible comment) and yea gibson will wet himself. spurs are better defensivly as a whole than detroit as well. cavs not deep enough. spurs too good at basketball

Reply #137099 | Report this post

M Dizzle  
Years ago

Pre-season I picked Cavs for the title but the way the Spurs are playing I'm not going to go as far as saying the Cavs will win the series. I'm just glad I don't have to go through another Pistons Spurs series, counting sheep is working just fine atm.

Reply #137101 | Report this post

spurs easily in 5 they play great team bball while the cavs are all lebron

Reply #137127 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Last time I checked Tayshun Price was a pretty good defender.

Another thing to note is that in the playoffs to date Spurs and Cavs have lost just 4 games each, and you'd have to suggest the Pistons were a tougher matchup in the conference finals than Utah.

basketcasesallofyou - how many Cavs games have you seen? LeBron is obviously the main man but the Cavs do play a good team game, apart from his 48 point break out game LeBron was actually more of the architect for their victories through setting up team mates. As a team their ball movement is very good, and if Gibson and Marshall are firing from outside it could be a tough series for the Spurs.

Reply #137136 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

Be great for the league in recreating MAGIC vs LARRY rivalry in WADE vs LeBRON as pin up players duelling out for rings over the next 10 years or so .

Must say that the NBA is the most contrived load of drivel in terms of fluffy management and engineered results the world has seen , in saying that the AFL is chasing hard at the moment but that is a different story .

Reply #137140 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I reckon Cavs in 7 with Tim Duncan out for 1 game injured, and Lebron MVP averaging 28 9 and 10.

Will have to put a bet on that at $4.25..

Reply #137142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

spurs will roll cavs

Reply #137247 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:20 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754