All $8.90
Years ago

NH: ATTN: Caffe Primo chick

Now I have your attention Caffe Primo chick, your fans are concerned at the drop in quality of your new season Caffe Primo advertisements. As appealing as the $8.90 price point is to the general populous, the voiceover proclaiming the fantastic special is in fact, far less than fantastic in itself. It is in fact delivered in a monotonous suicide inducing tone that will drive someone to swear off penne carbonara for life. Your continued presence in the advertisements is always appreciated just drop the loser next to you.

Sincerely yours,
Your fans.

P.S. I'm pretty sure you are not thinking what I am thinking unless it involves hot jelly and a goat.

Topic #11704 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

finally someone said what we are all thinking - SHOOT THE BORING GUY

Reply #136950 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

If you can sift through the nonsense of the above post, there is a valid point. The male voice over is pretty lackluster and does drive me to change the channel!

Reply #136951 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Emailing her to let her know.

Surprised you haven't reserved some of your attention for Metropolitan Plumbing... *drip*

Reply #136953 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

don't get me started on that a&r bloke !!!!

Reply #136956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I could be wrong, but I think the bloke in that ad is actually her boyfriend!

Lucky prick!

Reply #136960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my friends parents own primo, thats his older bro on the commercial who says $8:90 his sis is also a cheerleader for the 36ers i believe...

Reply #136961 | Report this post

HAGGLE  
Years ago

HAGGLE!! Now there's another commercial that annoys me.

But see thats the thing about these annoying adverts. As much as they annoy people, they're the ones you're more likely to remember.

Reply #136971 | Report this post

BIG baller  
Years ago

you got to haggle haggle

Reply #136995 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Designer Direct and Mr. Bankrupt are some other shockers. HAGGLE, your absolutely right but if an add really pisses people off they might make a point of not shopping there. It's a much better idea to make people remember you by making really good adds like the RAA and Carlton Draght.

Reply #137004 | Report this post

Pam  
Years ago

"Dad, why did they build the great wall of China?"

Reply #137012 | Report this post

huh!  
Years ago

How's the Tooheys Extra Dry ad where the guy plucks a hair from his head and cultivates it into a beer pod. Bloody hell, its ridiculous. Beer companies all need to stop trying to recreate the Big Ad and get back to making ads about beer. Or just making beer. All the $$$ going into making these ads are driving the price of the nectar up!

Reply #137022 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Did you hear that Gouger Rugs are having a massive closing down or moving sale? How can this guy be allowed to continue

Reply #137024 | Report this post

Pam  
Years ago

Oh yeah... and Forty Winks is having ANOTHER SALE!!!!

Reply #137040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And if they think they can compete with our prices "Tell 'em they're DREAMIN"!!!!!

Reply #137047 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

eeeigght dollarrsss niiieeeghtyyyy....yaaaawwwnnnnn

fitzy off nova did a good prank to em on radio one morning about their $8.90 special...

Reply #137050 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Said Primo Chick informs me that they're shooting a new ad tomorrow.

And for those interested, it might be annoying, but you've all remembered their exact pricepoint.

Probably the most important and most commonly used selling technique or persuasive device used in advertising is the concept of repetition. Not only are ads and commercials frequently repeated, but repetition is also used within the ads or commercials themselves. The name of the product may be repeated throughout the advertisement, and we all know that slogans, jingles and advertising characters are used over and over again. The use of repetition as a persuasive device has its foundation in the theory of conditioned reflex, the idea that learning involves the association of a response with a stimulus.

Reply #137055 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Will they incorporate the hot jelly and the goat that All $8.90 has refferred to in this new advert??

Could be interesting..

Reply #137057 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

.. true.. we can all remember the price.. but we fear being bored to death if we try to eat any there, or being annoyed so much by the ad, that we won't go there on principal ;-)

ShaneD

Reply #137058 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ShaneD, you might be in the minority. 21 locations tells me that a lot of people are going there.

(FWIW, I don't go there very often and think you can get better with a $10 meal at The Astor!)

Reply #137061 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Primo reminds me of plasticy pre-prepared pancakes for some strange reason... I never really liked my pancakes 'chewy'.

Reply #137069 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

ShaneD will you be having the chicken?

Reply #137081 | Report this post

They do need a good chicken recipe, Nutwork you got something?

Reply #137102 | Report this post

confused  
Years ago

I have a confession to make. I have a crush on the Designer Direct chick.

Reply #137117 | Report this post

Jenny Crane  
Years ago

Bahahahaha 'confused'

Does anyone know if the Sip n Save chick ever found her 'Blue Barina'?

Reply #137121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which business is at 200 Grote Street?

Reply #137148 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

What about Cunnos............

Reply #137157 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

(rofl re. Chicken references)

Isaac.. 21 locations is massive. it shows it gives the less financially equiped members of society a chance to go out and eat without having to drive-through ;-)

All this is tongue-in-cheek of course. Well done to Primo.. a good formula (mind you, so was Sizzler ;-)

ShaneD

Reply #137187 | Report this post

BIG baller  
Years ago

the origional $2 cunno guy is married to the designer direct woman for what i have heard.

my fav ad was "i tink it mayzing"

Reply #137188 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

GOUGER RUGS IS CLOSING????

First ive heard of it baahhahahahaha

Reply #137194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Blue Barina has me baffled everytime.
She must've been blotto when she parked it there. Who'd want a drink driver to promote one's bottleshop?

Reply #137197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone not know that Mcleay's carpets has two stores? A showroom on Glen Osmond Road and the Bulk Store, COGLIN STREET, BROMPTON?

Now I know where NOT to go.....

Reply #137199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh crap, Gouger rugs is closing down? I will have to get in and by that rug I have had my eye on for a while.

Reply #137368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually these ads pose evidence that annoying ads achieve good results.

The Designer Direct ads were originally for a closing down sale. The advert turned out to be a success, and they never closed down... I'd say (as annoying the ad may be), that it did the business well, and may have been the reason why they are still operating today.

Cafe primo, as already mentioned, also doing well with all those new locations opening... (although im not a fan of their food... they are marketing themselves well!)

Reply #192208 | Report this post

Years ago

Can someone please explain to me that Domino's ad with that guy in the hat? If it's meant to be a parody of something, what is it? And if it's meant to be original, please, give me a job as an advertising guy, because I can come up with better stuff in my sleep. It's the epitome of lame and unfunny as far as I can see.

Reply #192232 | Report this post

Aaannon  
Years ago

FYI the designer direct lady is married to a man named Peter who has never been on an ad and the original $2 guy now runs the company responsible for all these bad ads for haggleco, the many rug stores etc.

Reply #272565 | Report this post

Aaannon  
Years ago

FYI the designer direct lady is married to a man named Peter who has never been on an ad and the original $2 guy now runs the company responsible for all these bad ads for haggleco, the many rug stores etc. And they have now closed down and another business has taken over and before October 2009 they never have had closing down ads, only ads that were misinterpreted by the public as closing down, although I think that was the aim of the ads.

Reply #272566 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:16 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754