Paul
Years ago

Dev Squad China Tour - who's going?

Has anyone seen a list of players going on the China tour with Rob Beveridge? Does anyone know of anyone going this year?

Topic #11760 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I assume you're talking about the Boomers tournament coming up over there?

Reply #137633 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

No there is a development team goes each year. I think they leave next year. It is usually U20's I think.

Reply #137657 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

sorry next week

Reply #137658 | Report this post

Aims  
Years ago

Coach tips Ingles to fill Boomers' star void
Merryn Sherwood

Australian Boomers coach Brian Goorjian has almost guaranteed former AIS basketballer and 2006 NBL rookie of the year Joe Ingles will make the national squad to play New Zealand in the Olympic qualifying series in August.
Goorjian put Ingles through his paces at the AIS this week in a national camp which the Australian coach hopes will unearth the three players to replace big-name omissions Andrew Bogut, Matt Neilson and CJ Bruton.

Bruton had surgery on bone spurs in his foot last week and Goorjian said Ingles was a chance to replace the seasoned point guard.

"Without a doubt [he has the talent], I'd be disappointed if he doesn't," Goorjian said.

"He is obviously a super talent ... I'm hoping this series might move him to the next level."

Dynamic AIS guard Patrick Mills has also been considered, but Goorjian said the Canberran's duties with the Australian youth side could lessen his chances.

"Pat Mills is very, very, very, very exciting and he has a huge future in terms of Australian representative," Goorjian said, "But in his immediate future, he isn't really available until after we have done most of our work.

"I'm going to meet him in Europe and he will play in games over there and we'll see what he can give us."

The camp this week in Canberra included 17 NBL players - mostly those on the fringe and development players - and could play a major part in the Australian game-plan leading into the do-or-die Olympic qualifiers.

A team of 12 will be selected this afternoon to tour to China next Wednesday. After the Chinese tour, the squad will have an eight-day camp on the Gold Coast and a tour of Europe before qualifying matches against New Zealand on August 20, 22 and 24.

Reply #137668 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:08 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754