Anonymous
Years ago

SA Metro U16 Boys

This could be their year. Very deep talented team & good size.

Shocked people are not talking them up more??

Topic #11773 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

highly over rated. Vic by a mile - watch Dandy - Sturt result at classics. Will give a clear indication. Melb will beat sturt you may find as well. SA has no depth.

Reply #137781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U/16 Boys & Girls will both play in a (City v Country) double at the Dome next Saturday. Boys at 2.15, Girls at 3.30.
Should be a good day.

Reply #137793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you are underestimating the SA Metro kids. SA Metro will smash SA Country by 50.

Reply #137806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Country girls beat Metro by 20 in a trial game a couple of weeks back. Country boys played Metro with their train on squad of 21 (played 3 teams of 7) & lost by 30. This will be the first time they will play with their Nationals group.
Regardless the result this is a good oppourtunity to come out & support SA's Representative teams before the Nationals.

Reply #137807 | Report this post

Metro girls haven't got the ball control or shooting options to do much damage at Nationals cept to the turn over sheet.

Reply #137824 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

SA boys dont have very high chance as seeing from classic results, sturt lost to both melborune and sturt, west, dont even no were they finished and norwood got pumped by dandy in quaters. Vic have very. very good sidde

Reply #137832 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

i mean lost to both melbourne and dandy sorry bout that

Reply #137833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do the club results have to to with nationals unless your ACT who play their whole team together.

I saw the SA teams for the first time at the classic and the top players are very good. Put them together and they have a chance to be a contender.

Vic Metro will be super tough but dont underestimate SA Metro.

Reply #137838 | Report this post

I havent seen the SA metro boys however, watching the competition of the 16boys at the classics i believe both SA teams are going to find it extremely tough if not impossible. Just watching the semi and grand final of the 16boys showed what sort of talent that vic and new south have got this year.

Reply #137887 | Report this post

Guru  
Years ago

Take the 2 best Sturt kids, with the West shooter and a couple of Norwood players and you have a quite good group.

Outside of Dandenong and Melbourne the Vic teams were only OK.

NSW better hope that they have some help for Jackson.

Reply #137898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guru,

40% of your team is from Norwood who didn't come within cooee of Dandenong

Reply #137903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA Metro will be ok i think. Not world beaters, but certainly contend to get through their pool. A lot will depend on their 2 big kids and the other guard from Norwood that didnt play this weekend. Will he be ok to play at Nationals?

Reply #137905 | Report this post

Artest  
Years ago

Norwood was missing their best player, and those other 2 Norwood players particularly the big one, will excel in a better environment where they dont have a high pitched shrill from the sidelines in their heads the whole time.

Reply #137906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NSW Metro and Vic metro will be the teams to beat at nationals. with the players from these teams at classic theyll be tough to stop. its shaping up to be a very interesting nationals in a few weeks

Reply #137930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't under estimate the teams from the West.

Reply #137949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with a nsw champ and 2 vic teams highly competitive at classic it looks as though the same thing is going to happen at nationals.. west teams will struggle to contain individuals from both these regions

Reply #137950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

new south will be strong at nationals.. only 3 from northern suburbs are in the team, which is a bit surprising.. but 2 legitimate starters in the norths PG Aldridge and PF dont know his name.. Vic will be super tough with 5 dandenong and 2 melbourne players..

Reply #137967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic Metro

5 Dandenong, 3 Melbourne and 2 Kilsyth

Reply #137972 | Report this post

dwill  
Years ago

what are vic country looking like.. where are the players from?

Reply #137983 | Report this post

tk  
Years ago

Keep talking up the NSW and Vic Metro teams from the classic result but beware the teams from the West.

Reply #137994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You SA guys amaze me, your U16 boys have got some great talent and will be very tough to beat. You should be confident in them but maybe you dont know as much about the game as you think!!

The only thing against you is the fact that WA Metro, NSW Metro and Vic Country are in the same pool!! Interesting seeding by organisers.

Vic Metro and Qld South will be very tough also but are the only threats from the other pool.

Reply #137995 | Report this post

dwill  
Years ago

SA will be strong.. but nsw metro wa metro and vic country are all real strong aswell. nsw have some fantastic individual players as shown in classic. wa always produce some great offensive threats and vic country are just vic country

Reply #137999 | Report this post

BoB  
Years ago

Individual players dont win NAtionals

Reply #138184 | Report this post

Jack Rabbit  
Years ago

In answer to your question dwill "what are vic country looking like.. where are the players from?"

After watching at the classics this past weekend I can say (with some authority) that Vic country look like normal kids with two arms and legs each (I'm pretty sure anyway)and they are defiantly all from Vic country areas.

Hey, no need for thanks, it is my pleasure!

Reply #138199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic Country have 3 players from Horsham, all of which are very good. They have a small blonde guard that is a great shooter of the ball, and 2 athletic bigs that are good off the dribble and able to shoot also. Will be a tough group to match up with.

Reply #138202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with the above post, and despite what anyone from Corio Bay may think, they are well coached too.

Reply #138203 | Report this post

BoB  
Years ago

Pfft Corio Bay r a pack of wankers that talk them selfs up...
What they come in CLassic??? i believe 7th or 8th???
Pfft they think there so good because they beat dandenong and really they cheated...

Reply #138324 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:05 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754