Ta4L
Years ago

Tinunda Carnival

any ppl see the broken ring at tinunda, on Sunday night, a play, ABA reserves for norwood dunked an Ally, riping the ring of the backboard itself, anyone familier with the courts, it was on court 2 on the far end.. this ring was low and ready to be broken to years, an icon in tinunda!..

Topic #11780 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

it is bloody Tanunda. Learn how to spell.......

Reply #137820 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

it's only taken years to get the job done. people have been trying for years it was only about 9 and a half foot high that one

Reply #137822 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

This topic has already been started a bit further down under the heading "BREAKING NEWS! Barossa Carnival"

Reply #137831 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

i heard it, but turned around as it was already down, he didnt even catch the ball, an alley was thrown and he ran up and hung on the ring anyway, that is what i was told after.

i also heard that that team was winning by 17pts at the time, but got disqualifed, cos he was an ABL player playing under a false name. was told by an organiser on monday morning.

hope that clears things up a bit.

Reply #137850 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

hhmmm i could start something but hey i'll let it go this time.......

Reply #137853 | Report this post

woodville_winger  
Years ago

was down there myself n i must admit its the 1st time ive seen a broken ring live. the alley was thrown (near on perfect pass 2) and the ball was gathered. Whether the ball was finished im not sure as the rim was broken pretty well straight away on impact. i would think if the rim stayed up it was goin in but not sure if it actually went down. good gather tho n not bad hops mate. id be happy wit dat :p

Reply #137855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

please do say booga

Reply #137856 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

that makes more sense winger. when i was told, it sounded a bit odd, considering how much noise everyone was makin after it happened, i thought surely he threw it down, or got awfuly close.

as i said, i was told those things by an organiser,, but how much truth is in it, i dont know.

at least you saw it first hand, now it's clearer how it happened.

still sick! i'd take down a ring any chance i get. its a once in a lifetime thing.

Reply #137858 | Report this post

Barb  
Years ago

I saw what happened and what I saw was a player through the ball short of the ring and the other player took it to the ring and swung and the ring came down with him. What I found interesting was that no one even asked him how he was, I went and checked him out and I had been sitting up stairs. And as for the name change, that was an honest mistake, the person who they said it was had been playing and had an injury so it was a last minute decision to get this fellow up there and he wore the injured players uniform but the team scorer didn't know the players name so hadn't changed it.
But it was great spectators game to watch.
The ring and back boards need work though.

Reply #137913 | Report this post

Tess  
Years ago

yes it was a spectactors game - one not to miss...at least the club may get the hint to fix and improve the courts and surrounding facilities - but i cant see that happening within the next year....

Reply #137927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can not not see the YMCA (that is who runs the stadium) changing anything up there either.

Reply #137936 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Yea the guy's dunk came off of the ring, misses and he brought the ring down.

I don't know what you want the managers to do, the ring was fine before the weekend, its just that when the courts go re-laid about 5 years ago, it was done about 3 inches higher than it used to be, you cannot actually make the ring any higher and the only reason it broke was cause fat bastards were dunking and hanging off of it in warmups all weekend, it did look pretty cool though when it happened.
by the way nice shooting on the weekend coops and that little bald guy from titans!

Reply #137942 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

Hey i was just proud of myself to get that high don't blame me for "softing it up"

Reply #138002 | Report this post

MrSpell  
Years ago

Can you just do me one favour? Correct the spelling of Tinunda. It's annoying.

Reply #138004 | Report this post

Baby J  
Years ago

Thought the organisers did a good job fixing it ready for finals on Monday.

Reply #138060 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:48 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754