TR
Years ago

NBA rumourmongering

Canberra is a boring place at 1:45am, hell it's a boring place the majority of the time so I thought I catch up on some NBA rumourmongering and gossip.

Some of the more interesting things include;

- Boston is beginning a love affair for Marion. Unoffical talks seems to involve Theo Ratliff, #5 pick and Delonte West to the Suns for Trix.

- The rumour of Richard Jefferson going to the Blazers for Zach Randolph are bunk. Thorn has come out today and said they haven't talk to the Blazers, but they have talked to other teams.

- The Suns are having a long hard look at Grant Hill. Interest is mutal, but Hill has also said he'd like to play in Detroit and wouldn't say no to returning to the Magic.

- If the Suns/Celtics trade doesn't go ahead, the Celtics could look at doing a S&T for Shard Lewis.

- Unlucky for Pistons supports, it seems Flip Saunders will be remaining the coach of the Pistons

- Gilbert will become a free agent at the end of next year. He wants to remain with the Wizards, but is doing it for financial reasons. Smart move.

- Rockets and Miami are looking at Ron Artest. A combination of Artest, T-Mac and Yao would be sweeet.

- Stern is blaming "The Soprano's" for the dreadful Game 2 ratings.....

- Trade specualtion that Rasheed could be heading to the Suns in exchange for Trix. Also the Knicks would like a run at Sheed.

- Isiah could be in favour of trading the #23 pick.

- The great Greek pointguard Papaloukas is being looked at by 10-12 NBA teams.

- Bulls backup PG, Chris Duhon is on the trade block.

- Rich Carlisle is looking good for the Sonic coaching position

- Nets are looking to cremate old man Robinson with the team optioned last year on his contract.

- John Lucas wants to be a head coach again

- Scott Brooks is firming up as the next coach of the Kings.

Topic #11811 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Whilst not NBA material, it still worthy

Dejan Bodiroga retired today. One of the best ever Euro's to play the game.

A good youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfCHwVWDHQI

Reply #138118 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

No rumours about our lads that are trialling over there?

Reply #138120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sheed for matrix would be interesting having sheed and amare together would make the suns quite a contender.
pistons wouldnt change much they still would be good

Reply #138133 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

#138133 - you think Sheed would make the Suns better than Marion would? Personally I think that Marion is a much better player than Wallace.

Doubt the Suns would take him due to the fact that Sheeds "behavior" would not fit into the Suns system.

Reply #138152 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

pfffffffffffft - no way in hell would wallace make the suns better - NO WAY...im with svd..marion craps all over wallace

Reply #138153 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

It would be an interesting trade, but I don't see why the either team would do it. Trix is more of a 3 then 4 and the last time I checked the Pistons had a pretty damn good three in Prince. Not sure if the Suns could be bothered with Sheed and his outbursts.

Reply #138166 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Oh, just read that the Rockets and Timberwolves have agreed in principle to trade Juwan Howard and Mike James.

Expect something released next week.

Reply #138167 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

Always like to start rumours as much as just reading them.

I know that the Rockets are reasonably set now, but the TWolves need help everywhere.

Could Juwan help recruit his ex-Fab 5 buddies who are both Free Agents (I think), for one last year together, before they all retire.

PG - Jalen Rose/Randy Foye
SG - Ricky Davis/Rashad McCants
SF - KG/Marko Jaric
PF - Juwan Howard/Craig Smith
C - CWebb/Mark Blount

Plus No. 7 Pick.

Reply #138250 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

I'm sure they could find Jimmy King too, and have 4 of the 'five.

Reply #138252 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:11 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754