Anonymous
Years ago

All ABA Underrated team

I know the women's league more than the men but I would like to know peoples thoughts on this.

PG - Walker (southern)
SG - Romeo (norwood)
SF - Ollino (north)
PF - Barratt (woodville)
C - Truslove (south)

Bench
Nixon (sturt)
O'Malley (norwood)
Gardner (forestville)
Breeding (west)
Jenner (west)
Wilcox (eastern)

Topic #11822 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now you have overrated the underrated and put pressure on those who have an average game but rate themselves as better players than those you have selected but did not make the list.

maybe give them an out of 10

Reply #138162 | Report this post

Dennis Denuto  
Years ago

Men

C- Bowley
PF- Brehney
SF- Groves
SG- Graves
PG- Craddock

BENCH
L.Burdon
Miller
Hodges
M. Bauer
Ottey

Reply #138212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dennis good players on that list but craddock is no PG and groves in no SF try PF hes a mid range player

Reply #138214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

C:Bowley (SOuthern)
PF:Dougie(F/ville)
SF:?????
SG:Breeding(F/ville)
PG:Pearce(West)

Reply #138216 | Report this post

Year of the Brave  
Years ago

How is Graves underrated??? Nobody who shoots below 30% as the centrepoint of a team's offense should be underrated...

Anyways, my team would include:
PG: Pearce
SG: Bauer
SF: Miller
PF: Dougie
C: Brehney

PG: M. Clarke
SG: L. Burdon
SF: Hakendorf
PF: Clayton
C: Bowley

Apologies to Hodges and Fuller.

AFAIK, the majority of these players did not represent SA (or any other state) at National competitions in junior ranks. I know Burdon and I think Clarke played but thats all I know of...

I realise this team would struggle to beat any of the top five teams, but I would actually rate their chances against the others. Anyone agree? Downfall is definately a go-to guy in the crunch but their defence, hustle plays and fouls per 48 would be off the charts!

Reply #138223 | Report this post

Interesting  
Years ago

Interesting discussion but Year of The Brave in my opinion that team would be close to the bottom. Who is going to be your main scorers?

Who are there gun defensive stoppers?

They are all OK at everything but at ABL level you need your guns in defense, scoring, passing or organising, not neccessarily all at once but also not a little bit of everything like those guys.

Reply #138237 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

An interesting post topic so i thought i'd have a go.

PG: Andrew Webber
SG: Matthew Atkins
SF: Mark Fuller
PF: Doug Mac-Taylor
C: Dave Bowley

Bench
Matthew Clarke
Corey Ottey
Rory Craddock
Justin Clayton
Matt Jones
Shane Brehney
Todd Smythe

Reply #138241 | Report this post

Dennis Denuto  
Years ago

Finchy is not under-rated at all........

Reply #138247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, he is masively over-rated. Worst starting point guard in the league!

Reply #138251 | Report this post

Year of the Brave  
Years ago

Finch isn't starting this year anyway, Mann is the PG... Finch is one of the best on ball defenders and does a pretty good job distributing the ball and setting up the team.

Interesting... are you telling me that my team would not beat Eastern or Centrals?!?! C'mon mate, that bench five would be more preferable than the current starters those two teams are fielding atm.

They would probably beat Woodville as well, but not completely sure about South and Southern.

Reply #138313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finch is a great player hepas strong quick and just a worker, what he does may not show up on the stats sheet but the pressure he applies and his offensive leadership his great. Good shut down defender to boot

Reply #138318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about greg pascoe? he would have to be up there. good defender and great shooter and athletic player aswell

Reply #138591 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:22 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754