Anonymous
Years ago

Commonwealth Games Boomers

Who do you think will be in the boomers team for the 2006 commonwealth games in melbourne?

Topic #1184 | Report this topic

Libertine  
Years ago

Disclaimer: IMHO :P

Pretty much the same team in Athens minus Rogers and Ronaldson; add Anstey and Schenser. Heal has retired of course, so Black will get the call up.

Cattalini and CJs spots will most likely be up for grabs - good sized youngsters like Jacob, Kendall, Markovic (and dare I say it Newley even though it would only be his 2nd NBL year) and others get their shot.

Reply #13314 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The Boomers squad should be the team best able to win medals for Australia. Its not a time to experiment with youngsters. The youngsters of today will have their opportunity in about 4 years time when they are no longer Rookies and have gained enough experience to represent Australia at that uppermost level. Having said that, I would give Rychart a go if he gains his citizenship before then. A good reliable scorer won't go astray in the Boomers team.

Reply #13332 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

The issue for this boomers team will be the centre.....we have no centre in oz at present who you could consider world class.

Fill the team with youth in the other spots. Depends on what team Canada and NZ put together as to how well we will go.

Reply #13333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the boomers need to pick a young team. It is clear from the Olmpic games this year that the players we have now are not going to get the job done at future olympics. why not pick a young team that will be around in 2008 in china and have the chance to win a medal. the experience they will get will be very valuable.

bogut
schensher
newley
markovic
kendall
jacob
oscar
rice

im sure im missing a few quality players too.

Reply #13337 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I doubt that Bogut and Schensher and any os player for that matter will be available due to commitments

Reply #13355 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:38 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754