organized coach
Years ago

pre game time frames

i don't know about everyone else - but i coach and every week the inconsistencies with warm up time drives me nuts.

we should have 4-5 min

warm up - stretches - a few lay ups

and 10-15 sec debrief to starting 5

we have no trouble having a 5 min team meeting - but we hit the court - and i ask the refs how long and they say "I dunno" , "I'm not on this court"

Then some refs fly in a say 1 min - whilst the score sheet is still being signed off

i would like some consistency here - especially with warm ups in cold weather

true we can run on the spot from the side lines

but if we could only have 4 min put on the clock - then we all knew where we stood

Topic #1185 | Report this topic

Nathan Durant  
Years ago

Reply #13320 | Report this post

Nathan Durant  
Years ago

Is it juniors or seniors you are talking about? Juniors be happy with any warm up time. Seniors 5 mins Minimum.

Reply #13321 | Report this post

organized coach  
Years ago

hi nathan - this is not a grizzle about refs - it's just general disorganization on behalf of district basketball

so many times we seem "behind" so "let's get it moving" so pre game preparation seems to be first on the chopping block.

having said this - there is nothing more contradictory than a div 5 seniors game - having the girls all chatting and comparing pushers or peircings instead of warm ups !

Reply #13325 | Report this post

organized coach  
Years ago

now i know I'm on a winner!

Thanks Jirachi

Reply #13328 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Every team that I have been in has been asked to get to the stadium 20-30 minutes before the game for warm-ups, stretching, and the pre-game chat. If the players have done a little bit of warming up before the game they shouldn't need long on the court.

Reply #13437 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:41 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754