**Balla**
Years ago

USA starting 5?

Well I think that this team should start the USA games. USA team starting 5 will be:

-Chris Paul (PG)
-Tracy McGrady (SG)
-Lebron James (SF)
-Chris Bosh (PF)
-Greg Oden (C)
Bench:
-Dwayne Wade (SG)
-Kevin Garnett (PF)
-Shaquille O'Neil (C)
-Gilbert Arenas (PG)
-Paul Pierce (SF)

My dream team.

Topic #11855 | Report this topic

BILLLY  
Years ago

My USA Team Would Be

Starting Line-up
PG: Jason Kidd
SG: Dwayne Wade
SF: Shaun Marion
PF: Dwight Howard
C: Marcus Camby

Bench

Deron Williams (PG)
Andre Iguodala (SG/SF)
Ben Gordon(SG)
Carlos Boozer (PF/C)
Chris Bosh (PF/C)
Greg Oden (C)
Bruce Bowen (SF)

Mixture of playing styles can be used from running and gunning to isolation to Pick & Roll, defencive pressure, youth and veteran leadership.

Reply #138486 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

Yeh good team. I like how you have put some height and defence in. I just put in my dream team :P

Reply #138489 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

billy so no duncan or bryant.. ur crazy..

Reply #138490 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

You don't know anything balla! The team for the upcoming FIBA tournament is pulled from the following list:

My starting 5 would be (all black):
Gilbert Arenas (PG)
Michael Redd (SG)
LeBron James (SF)
Amare Stoudamire (PF)
Tyson Chandler (C) stopping role

NAME POS HGT WGT DOB CURRENT TEAM / COLLEGE or HIGH SCHOOL
Carmelo Anthony F 6-8 230 5/29/84 Denver Nuggets / Syracuse
Gilbert Arenas G 6-4 210 1/06/82 Washington Wizards / Arizona
Shane Battier F 6-8 220 9/09/78 Houston Rockets / Duke
Chauncey Billups G 6-3 202 9/25/76 Detroit Pistons / Colorado
Carlos Boozer F 6-9 258 11/20/81 Utah Jazz / Duke
Chris Bosh F 6-10 230 3/24/84 Toronto Raptors / Georgia Tech
Bruce Bowen F 6-7 200 6/14/71 San Antonio Spurs / Cal State Fullerton
Elton Brand F 6-8 254 3/11/79 Los Angeles Clippers / Duke
Kobe Bryant G 6-6 220 8/23/78 Los Angeles Lakers / Lower Merion High School (PA)
Tyson Chandler C 7-1 235 10/02/82 New Orleans Hornets / Dominguez H.S. (CA)
Kevin Durant G 6-9 220 9/29/88 University of Texas
Kirk Hinrich G 6-3 190 1/02/81 Chicago Bulls / Kansas
Dwight Howard F/C 6-11 265 12/08/85 Orlando Magic / Southwest Atlanta Christian Academy
LeBron James F 6-8 240 12/30/84 Cleveland Cavaliers / St. Vincent-St. Mary High School(OH)
Antawn Jamison F 6-9 235 6/12/76 Washington Wizards / North Carolina
Joe Johnson G/F 6-7 230 6/29/81 Atlanta Hawks / Arkansas
Jason Jidd G 6-4 212 3/23/73 New Jersey Nets / California
Shawn Marion F 6-7 228 5/07/78 Phoenix Suns / UNLV
Brad Miller C 7-0 261 4/12/76 Sacramento Kings / Purdue
Mike Miller G 6-8 218 2/19/80 Memphis Grizzlies / Florida
Adam Morrison F 6-8 205 7/19/84 Charlotte Bobcats / Gonzaga
Greg Oden C 7-0 250 1/22/88 Ohio State University
Lamar Odom F 6-10 230 11/06/79 Los Angeles Lakers / Rhode Island
Chris Paul G 6-0 170 5/06/85 New Orleans Hornets / Wake Forest
Paul Pierce F/G 6-6 230 10/13/77 Boston Celtics / Kansas
Tayshaun Prince F 6-9 205 2/28/80 Detroit Pistons / University of Kentucky
J.J. Redick G 6-4 190 6/24/84 Orlando Magic / Duke
Michael Redd G 6-6 215 8/24/79 Milwaukee Bucks / Ohio State
Luke Ridnour G 6-1 167 2/13/81 Seattle SuperSonics / Oregon
Amare Stoudemire C 6-10 240 11/16/82 Phoenix Suns / Cypress Creek High School (FL)
Dwyane Wade G 6-4 212 1/17/82 Miami Heat / Marquette
Deron Williams G 6-3 205 7/26/84 Utah Jazz / University of Illinois

Reply #138494 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

neither did balla.. woops my bad

Reply #138495 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

Hey David I am pretty sure I am just trying to have some fun and choose my dream team... Anway Kobe_4_MVP Tim Duncan is over rated and doesn't deserve to be in a team of stars..

Reply #138497 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

And another thing Duncan isn't even American!!

Reply #138498 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Kobe for MVP - by the way Duncan isn't a US citizen. He's from the West Indies i believe. Bryant shouldn't be there, takes away from any decent team ethos!! That is what the US has been missing for the last 20 years

Reply #138499 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

For the record Duncan was born in the Virgin Islands and is most certainly eligible to play for the US. He played on their 2004 Olympic team. Do some research Balla and David.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Duncan

Reply #138505 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

Well how about we just get back to naming our dream teams?

Reply #138509 | Report this post

tmagz_03  
Years ago

pg - Deron Williams
sg - Kobe Bryant/ray allen
sf - Carmelo Anthony
pf - Kevin Garnett
C - Dwight Howard

To play against international teams you do have to compete with their style of basketball hence why team USA struggle to win. They have to play strategic basketball and make open shots. NBA players can't isolate their opponent and just burn them to the ring like they can in the NBA. If Team USA want to perform I believe they should recruit their most athletic, clutch and team oriented players (some would probably argue why kobe should start)

I reckon the type of player team USA needs the most to help them succeed is ray allen. I don't whether it's because he doesn't want to play or coaches don't rate him but he can compete well against international teams.
As much as i hate melo he performed the best in the world cup only because he was the purest shooter out there, he deserves the starting position over LBJ or anyone else for that matter.

Reply #138511 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Yes he is eligble technically. But the US should use their own first don't you think. After all they are big enough and have enough depth. The US need to get their mojo back, i don't think they will by using non born in THE USA guys. They need to play with pride in the jersey again and in the flag. Stop thinking they are all superstars and can win without even trying or playing their best team. I don't think Duncan offers enough extra to the team that a Bosh or Boozer or Howard can't handle.

Reply #138513 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Tim Duncan isn't from the West Indies. He's from St Croix which is part of the Virgin Island which is part of the district of the United States Virgin Islands (USVI).

The Virgin Islands is in the Caribbean, but it's not the West Indies.

Tim Duncan over rated....... WOW, in what way is he over rated.

He represented the US on the 2000 Olympic Team in Sydney which pretty much means he's American.

Reply #138514 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

Please stop going off topic LOL!

Reply #138516 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

I never said Duncan was overrated. Just not really an American born and bred. It's unfair that they naturalise non Americans. I think we should be the only country to naturalise Americans to play for our country. We are weaker, and need black basketball players to offer some athleticism clearly lacking in our gene pool..
speaking TFIC

Reply #138530 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

You didn't, but your bum buddy Mr Start a Topic eEvery 2 minutes aka **Balla** did...

Reply #138537 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

Dude can't you just write your NBA dream team....

Reply #138540 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

David, the Virgin Islands are part of the US. All the population are US citizens. So he's not 'naturalised'. Not to mention that he played college ball for Wake Forest.

That's like saying that someone from the Torres Straight Islands shouldn't be allowed to play for Australia.

Anyway, to say that he is overrated and wouldn't bring anything great to the team? He's going to go down as one of the greatest of all time! He would bring great D and great post play/passing from the 4/5. And if you think that Boozer, Bosh or Howard could bring the same to the team as him...

Cleary you just don't like Duncan and are trying to come up with excuses as to why you wouldn't put him in your team. Either that or you just don't have any idea about basketball what-so-ever.

Reply #138553 | Report this post

tmagz03  
Years ago

I would have had Duncan in my top 5 but i know how he feels about international basketball and fiba rules. I recall a couple years ago in an interview asking if Duncan would return to play for team USA and he simply replied "No! Fiba sucks..."

Reply #138556 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Thanks tmaqz03 for giving a very good reason why Duncan shouldn't be there. Would you give a spot to a guy who says it sucks? Twenty four?
Look the USA hasn't had an amazing team on the court since the 92 Original dream team of
Jordan
Magic Johhnson
Sir Charles
Patrick Ewing
Karl Malone

They could put the best team on the court, but these days unfortunately that team will be a team of superstarts who will self-destruct.

Duncan IMHO is a bit of a self-serving superstar these days. This is a guy who didn't talk to Parker for a year, cause he was above him. Honestly twenty four have you understood any of my posts mate.

Reply #138560 | Report this post

BILLLY  
Years ago

I Just decided for no duncan as i feel at the international level a player like howard or bosh would bring more to the table. due to superior athletic ability. Not bashing duncan, he is a great player and would probably do great there, but i felt it wouldn't be right for the team.

Kobe...An Elite NBA Player and would kill in International play, yet his "Me-First" Attitude still follows him, he has changed to be a better team player but the attitude would be a distraction to the younger players.

Also i got no LBJ, Melo, Paul plus many many more players that could easily play,
And i included players that wouldnt be expected like Iggy, Gordon (Ps i know he is british), marion. there defence is why there are there

Reply #138561 | Report this post

Like you wouldn't put

Deron
Lebron
Melo
Amare
Howard

and just leave them out there.

Reply #138566 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Yeah I have understood your posts David. Have you? You've said that Duncan shouldn't play for the US because of where he was born, even though his birthplace is considered a part of America and he's an American citizen. Then when people try and correct you, you don't seem to able to comprehend that Duncan is entitled to play for the US as much as anyone.

You then say that you consider Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer and Dwight Howard are his equals. Duncan is a better defender than all of those guys, not to mention he's arguably the best post player going around today, who can also step out and hit mid-range jumpers. He also posses great fundamental skills (how do you think he got the nickname 'Big Fundamental'?) and great basketball IQ.

I know Duncan won't play international ball. This thread is about who we would pick on our 'dream team', not 'who would be in the actual side?'.

Garnett, Shaq and MacGrady aren't even in the current USA squad and aren't all too concerned with playing at Olympics, along with lots of the NBA's stars, yet people are putting them in their sides. Ben Gordon is even going to try and play with the English national team, along with Luol Deng, yet someone put him in their squad.

So before you go calling out other people, make you sure YOU know what you're talking about.

Reply #138569 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

It's all good twenty four, it's all fun talking basketball. Don't take anything i say too seriously mate. My bad on Duncan's birthplace and citizenship. I honestly can't remember him ever playing for US. (must have been a no-name back then).Duncan is great, Spurs wouldn't have won without him. The US have a lot of weapons, why can't they win a title of late? I think they are finally trying to address this. Dont' rely on stars who would rather be somewhere else. The 92 team where so good because they were the first professionals to be let back in and they jumped at the opportunity. These days they don't give a shit. IMHO they get paid too much and have their overblown ego's stroked too much. The Greece team whacked the US team at world's. They absolutely shat all over them, in heart and soul and guts and overall team play.

Reply #138573 | Report this post

Duncan, a no-name back in 04? please stop posting.

Reply #138579 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

Just take it here is a rank of power forwards in my opinion:

1. Karl Malone
2. Charles Barkley
3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Larry Bird
5. Kevin Garnett
6. Chris Bosh
7. Scottie Pippen
(last) - Tim Duncan - worst (PF) ever!

Reply #138583 | Report this post

td21  
Years ago

Conspiracy theory: balla and david are the same person.

Reply #138586 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

Hahaha, close. He is my dad. I play NSW metro. And he just drives me to my games.

Reply #138594 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

td21, I suspect they're related actually.

Pippen the power forward!

Reply #138595 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I agree td, those two have played pocket billiards with each other in about 10 threads today.

Your list is suspect Balla/david...

Pippen as a PF.... WTF I always remember Horace and Rodman as being the PF of the Bulls during their dynasty.

Dirk shouldn't be mentioned in the same post as Barkley, Malone and Bird. Dirk's done bugger all bar choke, but unfortunately he has the same amount of rings as Charles and Karl.

Charles and Karl are future HoF. Can't really say that about Dirk. Dirk will always have an astrix against his name as being the go-to guy on a team that won 60+ games and got bundled out in the first round.

I really have to ask the same question afroman jr asked in another thread... are you retarded??? it's a serious question cause it would explain some of your posts and most people would take it easy on you.

Reply #138598 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

I know Pippen wasn't a (PF) But I am just on this blog to have some fun not come up to people like you. Tight arse.

Reply #138599 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Feel free to have as much fun as you like champ, I'm all for it.

I was young and silly once, but that got beaten out of me.

Reply #138601 | Report this post

**Balla**  
Years ago

Alright lets not get off topic. Lets just get back to the point...

Reply #138630 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

lol Pippen, Nowitzki, Bosh all better than Duncan...tool..

Nowitzki better than Bird??

What are you on??

Reply #138660 | Report this post

Year of the Brave  
Years ago

PG: Billups
SG: Allen
SF: James
PF: Boozer
C: Howard

PG: D. Wiliams
SG: Redd
SF: Anthony
PF: Amare
C: Oden

R1: Paul
R2: J. Johnson

Mix of scores, playmakers, shooters and low post scoring options.

Most of this team is pretty young and would dominate any form of international competiton if they played together long enough to actually run sets and play team defence.

Reply #138676 | Report this post

dinozzo  
Years ago

Dirt Nowitzki over Duncan? No way!!
Im not a San Antonio fan, but you have to love what that guy has done.

Reply #139144 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:26 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754