russel coight
Years ago

great to see double header at Dome

I like the idea of throwing this in every now and then - lightning and 36ers double header !

how are they working the tickets / seats ?

Topic #1187 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

It would certainly add value to the sixers price and also reduce the costs of running the lightning out of Wayville.......

Reply #13334 | Report this post

easy rider  
Years ago

What costs?

Reply #13348 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

The costs of the extra stadium and associated staffing costs.

Not huge savings but at the moment every bit would help.

Reply #13366 | Report this post

easy rider  
Years ago

You are correct Kent in saying every bit helps at the moment. Have you ever stopped to think that by the Lightning playing at wayville has generated extra money through the door that was not happening when they played at the Dome and the only extra staff are two people on the door (say $70.00)plus the extra stand alone sponsorship plus what the AQL save on the after match function not having to pay the over the top rates at the dome I could go on but the move to wayville has saved the AQL plenty which in turn is a saving for the member clubs

Reply #13372 | Report this post

Ed Burgundy  
Years ago

A few seasons ago it was decided that the Lightning would persue a path seperate from the 36ers to forge their own identity.

There were situations at the Dome [powerhouse in those days] where patrons watching the Lightning were, post game, told to leave the stadium and re-enter as ticket holders for the 36ers match that was to follow.

Crowds were dismal and the atmosphere non-existent for the women in those days.

I think the move to Wayville has been positive for the image of the Lightning and crowd numbers are illustrating that the product can be a success. There are not many real reasons to change what seems to be a winning formula.

I'm not against the idea of a double header and with the Sixers playing a few Sunday afternoon games this year, perhaps thats the perfect time, but with all the work that has gone into developing the Lightning as a stand alone team, lets not blow it now.

Perhaps the Lightning could have some double headers with the Sydney Kings. Crowd numbers seem similar :P

Stay Classy Hoops Forum.

Reply #13374 | Report this post

Alf  
Years ago

I think crowd numbers will be down having the game at the dome.

Agreed with easy rider. The costs would definately be greater at the dome than wayville.

Not to mention the people preparing after game functions and setting seating up etc. are all Forestville VOLUNTEERS. Who do a great job I might add.

Reply #13375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am very bitter towards the Sixers they or their administration have never help Lightning except for Lightning beening a help to them in writing off some of the administration and running costs for those 36ers when they were at the dome together. Stay where you are girls. Unless you want to be in financial trouble like the sixers

Reply #13382 | Report this post

benny hinn  
Years ago

No problems with Forestville volunteers - as long as they remeber it is a representative adelaide team - not Forestville's WNBL dream.

The occasional double header will do no harm

The atmosphere at wayville is better

however - if Lauren jackson was playing against adelaide in a prelim or grand final - you would get 4-5,000 and the dome would be the venue.

be clever in programming and reap the rewards

Reply #13407 | Report this post

volunteer  
Years ago

It's not forestville's dream benny, they offer great support and do a really good job setting up the stands. ANYONE from ANY club is welcome to help out and i'm sure it would be greatly appreciated by the guys who sweat it out setting up the stands already.

Reply #13424 | Report this post

Alf  
Years ago

Nor should anyone have a problem with the Forestville volunteers!

They do what they have to do without expecting anything back to them or their club. A great bunch of people.

Reply #13453 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:04 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754