Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Kobe murder for hire case

If we can, try and keep this thread clean.

I'm not making any comments about whether he did or didn't do it, whether it even matters or not, or anything to do with the trial - it was 3 years ago so we should let sleeping dogs lie.

However, one person won't. He's Patrick Graber, one of Kobe's former security guards. I don't know whether any of this is true, but I'd buy the book for $1 if I saw it at a second-hand book store!

(Mod: URL removed. I refuse to support this cheap publicity stunt.)

Sometimes, actually a lot of times, I wonder about the world we live in today. And to think - I was going to buy that URL a few years ago. Tsk tsk.

Topic #11870 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Hosted in Switzerland - wonder if they're yet to receive a takedown notice.

I read an account of the incident a while back and it didn't seem so serious that a fairly smart person like Bryant would look at murdering the accuser.

MONTEREY PARK, Calif. (AP) -- A Swiss bodybuilder who claims ties to organized crime was arrested for investigation of offering to kill the woman who accused Kobe Bryant of sexual assault.

Patrick Graber, 31, agreed to carry out the killing for $3 million, said Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca. He made the offer to Bryant's security director and met several times with undercover detectives before being arrested during a sting Thursday.

Graber, of the Los Angeles suburb of El Segundo, was identified by sheriff's officials as a well-built bodybuilding coach at a local gym. A Swiss national with an expired visa, Graber has been in the United States about two years, sheriff's Lt. Jim Taylor said.

Just before Thursday's arrest, Graber attempted to reach for a bag full of movie-studio prop money in a car, Taylor said, after which he was surrounded by more than 30 officers.
Graber 0, Bryant 1. No publicity for this guy please.

Reply #138641 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:54 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754