anon
Years ago

4 Week Break

i noticed on the pulse that last div 1 games this friday until 20th july - has this something to do with dome renovations as i believe woodville cant play games at dome and all games at dome have been transfer elswhere but still not sure why 4 week break - and dont tell me its school holidays

Topic #11877 | Report this topic

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

2 weeks for U16 then U18 Nationals, and then school holiays after that.

Reply #138717 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

ok so why under 14 not playing ??

Reply #138718 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

and 12s?

Reply #138719 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Very good question! I guess to maintain the 18 round format across all Div 1 age groups, whereas lower divs play 22 rounds?

Reply #138721 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i would have thought be opportunity for some lower div kids to get some games in div 1 and for some kids to see how they compare to teams when the elite kids are gone - just seems such a long break - for little gain - i have few lads looking to go to footy for few weeks - hope they dont get the bug and enjoy too much or parents discover relative low cost game of footy - seems like the season now on hold till the etrn of the chosen few

Reply #138722 | Report this post

DaddyO  
Years ago

There are complaints about too much basketball and burnout, and complaints about a four week mid season break - you can't please all the monkeys all the time!

Reply #138723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

also div 1/2 under 20's have the break

Reply #138732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon,
You are probably one of the people who also complain about burnout, about having to do TI camps in holidays, about having carnivals on long weekends, about not having a break between seasons. Why not just let the players recharge for a few weeks, and rest some sore bodies, without you having a massive whinge?

Reply #138740 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

- want games to continue - coming off long weekend - a game - then no games disjointed - team goes on a roll feeling good and then no game practice becomes less important as you srimmage but kids want real thing -

Reply #138745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon = sook

Reply #138747 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

lots of teams played 6 or more games over the long weekend you know.

Reply #138849 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

A case of the Tail wagging the dog.

Reply #138891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't it more the case to preseve the "home nights"?
With the 16s and 18s missing games, if the others were to continue, we would then have div 1s of the same club playing all over the place. I remember everyone moaning massively about that a couple of years ago - I guess this is the best (only?) way to fix it.

I'd rather have a break and recharge, and keep the "home" nights, than play through and end up playing with no other teams from my club the rest of the way...

Reply #138895 | Report this post

Best thing since sliced bread.

Reply #138897 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i started the thread - keeping all div one times aligned - great idea as i know kids enjoy watching game befor3e after etc - keeping tabs on mates they played with before
well done BS think that decision making is showing great percepion of what people want

Reply #139066 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:58 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754