Curious
Years ago

ABL players heading to college...

With a number of players either returning to the ABL during their College break or heading over for the first time, how many teams will lose players???
Considering this should be happening very soon, will this effect teams who are pretty much already in the finals???

Forestville- Fildes, Wernham
Norwood- Had 2 from what I heard, Grantham???
Centrals- Clausen
Southern- Wood
Eastern- Williams

I know some of these teams aren't playing finals, but surely there must be more players heading over??? Wasn't there something on here about a couple of North players heading over???

Topic #11890 | Report this topic

truth  
Years ago

i know fieldes and wernham arent heading over till a week after the abl grand final, im not sure about the otehrs.

Reply #138774 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

I guess the other question is, will they be allowed back? I'm not sure what divisions these guys are playing over in the States, but with the new rule coming out that they are not meant to be playing ABL, this could cause a bit of trouble for some "returnees"...

Reply #138777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Playing in any unauthorised competition, one which is not an authorised USA "summer season" comp, by the NCAA, NJCAA, NAIA etc, in terms of their rules, could potentially see any player lose their scholarship at their College. They should make sure they and their Coach at College determine exactly what they can and cannot do.

Reply #138785 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Don't you think that these guys would have already gotten permission?

Reply #138789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

were wernham heading?

Reply #138814 | Report this post

david  
Years ago

Everyone is so vague with the facts on this site. Who is going to college? Is it their first year, what college are they going to? What is the details of tne new rules?

Reply #138846 | Report this post

Jnr Eagle  
Years ago

So if both Trent and John leave for the states a week after the ABL finals doesn't this mean they'll miss out on playing Junior finals?
Does anyone know what college they are both heading to so I can keep track of them?

Reply #140463 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:08 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754