Hoop addict
Years ago

Norwood won?

Well. Is it for real. I hear norwood won! Did Thommo, JR and Sappa play??

What happened wid da flames.

Did arnold last tje game out?

Topic #119 | Report this topic

Vincent Vega  
Years ago

No. He was ejected.

Reply #881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mate, is it really that hard to come up with your own name?

Hoop Addict already exists and actually was one of the first posters on this site. Dude you even replied to one of his/her posts.

Just use that brain of yours and come up with your own nick.

(for those that can't tell the original Hoop Addict can spell!)

Reply #888 | Report this post

Red Rooster  
Years ago

Andrew Webber has been a rising star over the last few weeks and I think he should be included in the 36ers training squad.

The flames Defense has been the key to the reversal in form with alot of teams not being able to handle the physical style of play (especially Southern Tigers). Some teams should stop being soft and just play!! If results go their way they could still be a chance for the playoffs.

BTW. Dan Thompson could be back in the side for this weeks clash with the highly fancied Sabres

Reply #910 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

Highly fancied Sabres? Norwood had just knocked off the Tigers, Warriors and Eagles in consectutive games - I think Norwood goes into this game as favourites based on momentum.

Reply #915 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

It's the elbows that are doing it! Physicality is a great tool! It's what made Bill Lambier and Kurt Rambus famous!

Let me get the razors out of my bag!

Reply #916 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

The results don't lie... :P

3 wins in the bag!

Reply #923 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Not disputing the wins! Matty D has whipped the boys into a serious contender!
It's just that they remind me of the "thug Life" pistons of the late 80s!

Bags is my tag

Reply #926 | Report this post

The post re the 'Questionable Tactics' that Norwood have been using looks silly now that Norwood have become the giant killers of the league.
Whats wrong with playing agressive & taking a no backdown approach? Absolutely nothing.
If someone has to throw an elbow to get a guy out of his rhythm, so be it.
Through out the years there has always been a bit of thuggery in the State League and players have to adjust their game accordingly.
Detroit in the late 80's were called the Bad Boys, not because they picked their noses but because they played with intimidation, wouldn't allow easy baskets & would foul hard.
Norwood are playing agressive basketball and they are winning.
It's too bad they didn't start playing that way earlier.

Reply #927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think the 'questionable tactics' are going to end any time soon. If anything, all the talk about elbows and cheap shots is adding fuel to the fire. Interested to see if theres any fireworks this weekend??

Reply #929 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Who won the Eastern game on Sunday?

Reply #972 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Answering my own question. Eastern won 93-83 after a 30-11 third quarter.

Holmes with a 23, 17 and 11 triple-double! Backed up by Trebilcock with 17 and 17.

Reply #973 | Report this post

Guss  
Years ago

Yeh, great stats, but he didn't get player of the week. Groves gets it for a good game against Centrals. What the ....?

Reply #975 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I would have gone Webber for his 25 & 12 in a 3 point upset victory over F'Ville!

Reply #976 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:34 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754