jules
Years ago

Kobe, NBA Rumours

I wasnt gonna post this but im bored shitless - It was reported yesterday that kobes friends recorded him complaining about lakers owner kupchak and also calling out bynum..he was complaining about the trades that the lakers shouldve done last season - more specifically - kidd for bynum..kobe was angry that they didnt pull the trigger on that bynum is not THAT worthy to the lakers...the tape is expected to be released soonish by kobes 'friends'...but at a price...i saw it on ESPN's PTI originally, but heres a couple of links that tell the story

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1182315229311910.xml&coll=1

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/nba/06/19/lakers.kobe.ap

the latest rumour i heard arouses me very much - a three team deal involving lakers, bulls, celtics that i read on the daily herald (chicago)...invovling both pierce and kobe as well as 'unknown assests' of the bulls

"There have been rumors of a three-way trade involving Boston that would send Paul Pierce to Los Angeles, Bryant to the Bulls and unknown assets to the Celtics."

i also read that this trade could involve the t-wolves...which would involve kg...which would be the biggest trade in the history of the nba...but thats just speculation ive read once out of many websites...and it sounds a bit fair fetched..but wow...

Topic #11908 | Report this topic

Fezlington  
Years ago

Lakers would not send Kobe for Paul Pierce

And if they did, heads would roll in LA

Reply #139053 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

yeah...but i dont think it would be a straight swap - ud say there'd be other players involved...and if ur franchise player wants out - u accomadate him - whatever the lakers do they will lose...but it needs to be done

Reply #139056 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

would be insain.. kobe needs out

Reply #139057 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Simmons posted the romoured trade today in his column

Am I the Official Bill Simmons spruker (sp?) on Hoops SA - I need to get out more

Reply #139059 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

nah reading bill simmons is better then getting out

Reply #139060 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

i dont see what the lakers see in bynum...like..yeah u can see the potential...hes extremely young, big, blah blah...but...is he really more worthy than jason kidd? in the long run no - but kobe is playing at his best - and is in his prime...his prime is being wasted with a medeokre team - this is one of the best scorers of all time...being wasted in a shite team...u get kidd and there a contender..bynum..pfft...i cant believe they didnt go through with that

Reply #139078 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Dont you mean in the long run...yes Bynum would be the better option as he is 19 and 7'0, with developing inside presence? Kidd has maybe 4 years left before he becomes a Gary Payton veteran type.

NJ saw Bynum's potential, as they wouldn't deal with the Lakers unless Bynum was included. Lakers were smart to keep Bynum. Id let Kobe go for nothing less than a Amare or KG type. Your never going to the equal value of Kobe back, but these guys are as close to his worth....bite the bullet get rid of the selfish guy ASAP and begin licking your wounds. For all his scoring and amazing moves, he has also proven that he cant win a thing without Shaq.

Reply #139120 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

nino, u do know that shaq wouldn't have won without kobe either...or wade for that matter...no superstar could get a title in this current laker team..and i think kobes done pretty damn well with it

and when u have arguably the best player in the game in his prime, you build your team to win NOW with him...so getting kidd (an established pg..an absolute star) for bynum (a young center) was soemthing that had to do and they (stupidly) didnt...yes i meant to write in the long run yes for keeping bynum..that was a typo...but who says hes gonna be that great anyway? take kidd...use kobe in his prime..dont plan for the future when u have a player for the now

Reply #139134 | Report this post

afroman jnr  
Years ago

does any body think that if the suns trade amare for kg that the suns would be better?, do u think this would be a championship winning team? i think it would be good, but u got to think about the future amare is only 24, and he is the suns future atm.

what do people think?

Reply #139154 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

I wouldnt trade Amare for KG. Im a HUUUGE KG fan but like you said, Amare is only 24!!

Suns would be silly to let go of him, 7 years of quality bball from Amare or 3 years of regressing bball from KG?

Reply #139164 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

today mchale and ainge both agreed on the trade to send garnett to boston...but garnett broke it up because he said he didnt want to play is boston..so close....

then he said that if he HAD to move out of his club then it would desirabley be to the suns...so i wouldnt be surprise if it does get done...ud say mchale would definately look into it? heres the link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2912075

Reply #139183 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

but what about if those 3 years of KG bought the Suns a three-peat????

It's a tough trade to call. The only thing I see seperating things are the difference in ages. KG has slightly better numbers across the board whilst Amare is 6 years younger.

I also wonder about those reports of locker room harmony and would trading Amare help out there and keep Nash and Trix happy.

Getting KG back is a pretty fair amount. Usually when you trade superstars you only get back 60c in the dollar.

KG has turned down Boston as a destination so it's really up to the Suns. If KG is traded to a team he doesn't like he'll opt-out of his contract.

Reply #139185 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

I hear you TR. Would be good if the Suns could pull off championship success with that deal

Reply #139204 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

OK, now there are stories KG wants to go to Phoenix, who would like to trade Marion & Kobe would accept a trade to New York. How about a 4 way trade (which works in Real GM's Trade Checker - 3984512)
Minnesota
Trade Garnett (Suns) & Troy Hudson (Lakers)
Receive Bynum (Lakers), James Jones (Suns), Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford & Channing Frye (Knicks)
Lakers
Trade Bryant (Knicks) & Bynum (TWolves)
Receive Marion (Suns) Lee (Knicks) & Hudson (TWolves)
Phoenix
Trade Marion (Lakers) Banks (Knicks) & Jones (TWolves)
Receive Garnett
New York
Trade Francis, Crawford & Frye (TWolves) & Lee (Lakers)
Receive Kobe (Lakers) & Banks (Suns)

There would probably also need to be some Draft Pick Shuffles as well.

TWolves
Francis/Hassell
Crawford/McCants
Foye/Davis
Frye/Howard
Bynum/Blount

Lakers
Hudson/Farmar
Evans/Parker
Marion/Walton
Odom/Lee
Mihm/Brown

Suns
Nash/Barbosa
Bell/Jumaine Jones
Diaw/Grant Hill?
Garnett/Burke
Stoudemire/K Thomas

Knicks
Marbury/Banks
Bryant/Nate Robinson
Q Richardson/Jeffries
Balkman/Rose
Curry/James

Reply #139208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont know if the lakers would be to happy with kobe for marion and lee

Reply #139211 | Report this post

ahh wildcats!  
Years ago

Id take KG over Amare,
KG can play D and would bring a good level of maturity to the Suns.

Wolves would be scrr000d (more so) with amare tho.

Reply #139214 | Report this post

Pulteney 61  
Years ago

and i don't think bryant would like to play on that sub par nicks team

Reply #139215 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I like the effort in that trade, but it doesn't help Sota a bit. They will be lotto bound for years without a star. They have been in the lottery for years anyway, but they still have KG.

Suns rape everyone and are grinning. Keep Amare and gain KG for Marion. Kerr does that deal every day of the week.

I know people rate Amare highly (including me), but I'd really like to see what he can do without a top notch point guard and having to carry a team. So far he's untested as a leader whilst you won't find a better leader than KG.

Reply #139226 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

OK, does this help then.

Suns Picks 24 & 29 to Lakers, with Lakers Pick 19 going to New York.
Wolves would still have Pick No. 7 to add to their Roster.
Lakers 24, 29, 40 & 48.
Knicks 19 & 23
Suns - 59

Supposed to be a very deep draft, with more than normal the 2nd Round Picks expected to become solid rotation players.
Using say Draft Express Mock Draft: -

TWolves would add 7' 1" Spencer Hawes

Lakers would have - Marco Belinelli 6' 5" SG, Peteri Koponen 6' 5" PG, Glen Davis 6' 8" PF/C & Trey Johnson 6' 6" SG/SF.

Knicks - Josh McRoberts 6' 10" PF & Daequan Cook 6' 6" SG

Suns - Darryl Watkins - 6' 10" PF/C

Reply #139233 | Report this post

afroman jnr  
Years ago

at this stage though its more amount the salary room, kg would be be good for the suns but you have to think about the future to

Reply #139262 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

No Thanks Who Me

As a Lakers fan, your trades would leave us with

Lakers
Hudson/Farmar
Evans/Parker
Marion/Walton
Odom/Lee
Mihm/Brown

Lakers would have the worst record in the league with that team on the court next season......and many to come after that

Reply #139369 | Report this post

afroman jnr  
Years ago

just dreaming here, what if garnett for marion, and extras were to happen, would anyone think that garnett and stoudemire would work in a team, because if it did that would be an awesome team

nash
bell/barbosa
diaw/bell
Garnett/stoudemire
Stoudemire/garnett

what do u think?

Reply #139558 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:08 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754